*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404001-Zucchini
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#404001 added February 1, 2006 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
Zucchini
in with a bang, out with a whimper.

i don't really believe in the zucchini as a fruit, either; i'd considered ztrawberry or a similar copout, but the website says it's something to do with the available nutrients, so--

i mean, whatever. we hung out with the guys last night, and took my roommate. huge mistake; it's hard to say who disliked whom more. it was one of those things where, i didn't exactly invite her, but i'd said at some point beforehand, hey, if you ever want to meet my friends, want to come out with us or whatever, you're welcome to. didn't mean it as an overarching invitation without an expiration date. meant it for something simple, like meeting up at the coffee shop on campus. not for driving all the way out to austell, to their house, to watch movies in the middle of the night. too intimate. too much musical chairs when it came time to orchestrate seating.

plus, the purpose of the outing was back to the future, for which she'd already professed a pretty strong dislike, and i don't know why she felt like driving nine miles just to pout on the floor and do her chemistry homework, but, whatever. she doesn't get along with anybody, period. she and i are still operating on reticence and miracles, period. it's going to be a long semester. period.

she used the passing of coretta scott king as an excuse not to go to class, again. i'm not sure why an excuse was necessary, as she hasn't really had one any of the last seven or eight days she hasn't been, but, yeah. i tried to reason with her about coretta, saying, in summary, she was an old woman, seventy-eight, and she was sick, she's slowed down since the stroke, she's lived her entire life in the public eye, it's not really fair for the community to keep expecting such consistent stamina from such a mature and accomplished woman, she's not suffering anymore, it's okay. roommate said, essentially, thanks, but no thanks, i'd rather keep pouting, pass me my remote. so. whatever.

am i really this tired at nine-thirty at night?

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404001-Zucchini