*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404673
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1066991
The future of the American people may rely on three kidnapped children.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#404673 added February 5, 2006 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
#2 Kala (2-04-06)
"...Are there any questions class?"
Science class was nearing its end and the teacher was making sure he had made his point. The room was terribly silent. Silent save the snores of one tormented student.
Kala nudged Hunter with her elbow in an attempt to make him stirr, but it was too late.
The ruler came down hard on the wooden desk in front of Hunter's face. Hunter immediately sat up.
"Lagomorpha!!!" he screamed. "Thats the answer right? Lagomorpha?"
"No, Mr. Sigler, the answer is not lagomorpha." the teacher said. "It was, in fact, a simple yes or no question. You should get more rest at night. Dont sleep in my class again, Hunter."
Kala slowly slid her drawings under the desk during this period of repremand; the teacher didnt need more to worry about.
The bell rang shortly after, signaling the end of first period.
The two companions gathered their things and headed for the door.
"What happened to Jeremy?" Kala asked.
"Thats the least of your worries, hide!" Hunter whispered harshly. He grabbed her by her backpack and dove behind some bushes.
The ground seemed to shake at her approach, the monstrosity. Pounding away at the cement with unrelenting fury, the feet of Daniel, also kown as Goliath, Big D, or even Diablo peddled her bulk down the path.
The two peaked out and watched her passing.
"Whew," Kala said. "That was a close one. Dont want to get sucked into some conversation with -that- one."
"You said it, now lets be on our way. To English!"
"To English!" she echoed with exuberance.
Kala had a stack of books under her arms, an unusually heavy load. It didnt take long for one of her spirals to slide out from the stack and fall to the floor.
"Oh!" she said as it fell. Hunter turned to help but she waved him away.
"Dont worry," she said. "Ill catch up in a second."
Hunter shrugged it off and headed for the English room.
Kala turned to face the spiral, but it was long gone. "What..." she started to ask. She looked all over for her precious drawing spiral, but it was nowhere to be found. She looked back in Hunter's direction, intending to ask if he took it, but he too was nowhere to be found.
"Whats going on here?!" she demanded from the solitude.
A slinder female figure, wearing a black suite that fit her like a glove and covered everything but her eyes, slid down from the overhang and landed neatly in front of her.
"This is whats happening," she cooed as she extended an open palm. Her hand contained a small, pea-sized, silvery orb.
"What is it?" Kala asked while eyeing the sphere.
"This? Oh nothing much," she said casually. "Only your entire future."
With that, the woman threw it down on the cement. It erupted in a explosion of smoke. Kala's eyes burned and her lungs ached. In a very uncharacteristic manner, she swooned. Her vision blurred and the last thing she saw was the woman catching her before she hit the ground.
Then she saw only black and felt only the gentle caress of unconciousness.
© Copyright 2006 Smellyhobbit (UN: cornflabbit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Smellyhobbit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404673