*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405229-Waxing-Lyrical
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#405229 added February 12, 2013 at 4:52am
Restrictions: None
Waxing Lyrical
Despite the guilt at cancelling my normal Tuesday activities, I have to admit the change from routine has been very welcome.

An alcohol free night last night ensured I didn't sleep too well and woke early, but at least there was no hangover. After a quick flit round the blogs I set off for the promised walk. Five thousand plus steps - half the target.

Music is one of my passions and it's been great to listen to. It can be used to enhance any mood or activity. As I peeled vegetables and prepared the ingredients for a healthy home-made soup CC's Princess Shania provided the music that makes me 'dance like no one is watching' and increase the number of steps on the pedometer.

Later I played soothing music as I sat to tackle the pleasant and well overdue task of actually reading some of the delightful stories and poems in your folders. You people are SO talented. I didn't get round everyone but hope to do more tomorrow. There'll NEVER be enough time to do all I want but I'm doing all I can. I'm just honoured to have come across such wonderful writers.

I even posted an old poem on here and am feeling maybe soon the novel focussed around music may make an entrance. If it does, I want harsh, honest reviews. It's my opus magnum - unhatched as yet.

Later I took a break and cleared out the bottom of hubby's wardrobe. No music, so I had to make up my own song...

12 Model engines
11 Rolls of paper
10 Carrier bags
9 Plugs and wires
8 Broken hangers
7 Empty boxes
6 Bits of plastic
5 Odd socks
4 Pairs of shoes
3 Telephones
2 Demijohns
And a golf ball with no tee.

What is it with men? They just don't part with anything do they? I wonder if E-bay would want some of these exquisite items?

So, I walked my 10,000 steps, I drank loads of water, I ate healthily. (Shame about the cigs) But I think I deserve a litle glass of wine...or five..don't you?

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405229-Waxing-Lyrical