*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405437-Feelin-the-need-to-praise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#405437 added February 8, 2006 at 5:15pm
Restrictions: None
Feelin' the need to praise
Here I go again gettin' all wordy with writing two blogs a day, but I can't help myself.

Don't worry, this one's short!

==========================================================

It’s easy to pray constantly for the things I want and to beg God for relief when my life takes a darker turn.

But how often do I count my blessings, praising God with as much fervor as I spend on my prayers of wants and needs?

I admit I’m lacking in that area, my time of praise relegated to Sunday mornings at church – sometimes not even then. I sing the songs and stare ahead during the sermon, my mind on anything but God.

Carol (the one suffering from MS) asked the rest of the Disciple class to pray to God for thanksgiving. She had a bit of a scare a few weeks ago where she fell. Being on a plateau as far as the progression of her disease for so long, she feared the disease had picked up.

Last week she went in for an MRI, and when the doctors compared those results with the previous MRI taken back in 2000, there was absolutely no change. She wanted us to share in her gratitude to God for this miracle.

Since then I have been thinking about my own life. It has been blessed beyond what I rightly deserve. I will not list them here, because it will take too long and I don’t want to bore you.

All day today I have felt the desire to praise God for all He has given me.

I think it’s time I got started.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405437-Feelin-the-need-to-praise