*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407353-In-Laws-can-be-frustrating
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#407353 added February 17, 2006 at 9:34am
Restrictions: None
In-Laws can be frustrating
You know, one thing that has been bothering me lately are the in-laws. Mind you, I have barely "skimmed" in my journal "Tales from the Sandbox," but the lastest "drama" has me just disgusted at the lot of them. The only good thing that's come out of this is that for the first time in our 14 1/2 year marriage, my husband actually sees them for the snarky bitchy women they are. (He still "caters" to them, for him, just admitting they are "crazy" at this point is a big step.)

Here's the situtation: Grandma is in her 70's and getting older with bills she just barely pays. Kristi, Brent's sister, offered to have Grandma move in. Kristi and Grandma bought a new house together after refinancing Grandma's old one. Now, Grandma lives with Kristi, rents out her old place, and doesn't have to worry about the bills.

Kristi's mom, (Brent's mom, and my MIL) plus Carmy's sisters (MaryAnn and Shirley, Carmy is MIL's name) think Kristi has ripped off Grandma to the tune of over 150,000 dollars and hasn't talked to Kristi since Thanksgiving. These chicks are CRAZY!! *Frown*

Anyway, Brent invited Kristi to his birthday dinner at Buca De Pepo and when the 3 bitches found out, they FREAKED. They called up Brent and cried on his shoulder until he canceled his birthday dinner.

No one is happy. The frustrating thing for me is that we have limited child care options and I get worried that my son (3 year old) has to spend any time around my MIL w/o Brent and I around. She won't hurt him, but I don't like the mind games she plays and I don't want Andrew to be exposed to it. As it is Andrew will have to spend SAT, SUN, & MON with her. Sigh... A mother's worry.




© Copyright 2006 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407353-In-Laws-can-be-frustrating