*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408078-Yay-for-Laney
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#408078 added February 20, 2006 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Yay for Laney
My bones are freezing. Still. Yesterday, I watched Laney play three tournament matches Outside. I froze. She sweated. Three matches at two facilities with one winner: Laney! She walked away with the back draw trophy, beating the number one seed along the way, 3;6. Jaun’s conditioning is paying off. I don’t know how she played three matches in one day.

Taking care of business during the first match, she won 3;1, Her placement was dead on here. Then, we headed over to JDS where she played the number one seed. Amazing pace from both girls. Both struggled a bit with serves here. Solid, then faulting. I’ve seen this girl play, she was off her game, but it was still a good game. Laney had to stay on top of things to win. Later, she almost blew the last set of her third match. Dehydration set in. She never asked us to grab her a drink. Figuring she’d close it before we got back down w/ fluids. She won 1;4.

I’ve never seen her play so well. Her serve was awesome. (doing the tork thing) I lost count of the aces. It’s unbelievable to me how much pace the girls 16’s stroke the ball with. Her coach should be very proud of her. (He missed her performance – attending a conference in Hilton Head, SC.)

Needless to say, her parents are quite proud of her too. What a way to prepare for the upcoming high school season!

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408078-Yay-for-Laney