*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408480-Chapter-3-A-New-Leader-A-New-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1070647
A man alone in a desolate future... does he have the courage to survive?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#408480 added February 22, 2006 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3: A New Leader, A New Home
         Some anniversary this turned out to be... I've been shot way too many times to enjoy today, and I saw way too many people die... and of course, having to kill other people... makes for a wonderful night out. At least the dead are cleaned up and burning... that will stop them from turning at least. That's some good news, that and not everyone is dead. Some people survived, and they weren't raiders. It's almost worth finding that ray of sunshine through the clouds and turmoil... but Nathaniel doesn't want to lead anymore, so they need to find someone else. Good luck on that... I'm outta here tomorrow, with or without Nathaniel. I hate being around so many people, but I need to find gas and supplies before I go. I'm sure there's some at a gas station still... maybe... most people died before the gas was ever used up, and there's not a whole lot of running vehicles roaming around wasteland Earth other than mine, and the raiders, and a limited supply of others. Besides... there's a gas station on every corner... or at least there used to be.

cxxxxx[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>


         A loud knock at the door startled him from his sleep, and he rose hastily... grabbing Trinket as he sat up. "Who is it..." Xander grumbled after remembering where he was and what happened in the past twenty-four hours.

         "Who the hell else has the balls to bother a man who sleeps armed to the teeth and fully loaded!" Came Nathaniels voice through the door. "You descent?" he asked, opening the door without pause for an answer.

         "Yeah, sure... I guess..." Xander replied sarcastically as Nathaniel walked in.

         "Put a bag over your face, you liar... you said you were descent!" Nathaniel said, laughing heartily at his jab. "You leaving today? We could use your help..." He started, finally getting serious.

         "No..." Xander interrupted, already not in the mood for either Nathaniels childish banter, or the thought of sticking around even longer "don't even start with that bullshit this morning. You know I don't do the 'society' thing." He finished, finally crawling out of bed and putting Trinket down and grabbing his shirt... "Damn..." Xander muttered, poking a finger through the hole... "Got a spare shirt?"

         "You should get some pants too..." Nathaniel replied, pointing to the hole in Xanders pant leg "I hear J.C. Pennies is having an 'After the Raiders attack' sale..." He finished, chuckling as he grabbed a shirt for Xander, from a pile of clothes in the corner of the room, and began digging for some pants.

         "Oh that Pennies..." Xander said in mock cheer "They have a sale for every occasion" he finished thoughtfullly. "I bought my last pair of pants at one of their 'after the end of the world sale' sale that they were having to celebrate their 'end of the world sale'." He said again, sarcastically "And grab a belt for me fat ass, your pants would be way too big." he said, not ducking nearly quick enough to dodge the pants as they hit him in the face, followed by the feeling of a solid belt buckle pelting him shortly afterwords.

         After donning the new attire, Xander headed towards the door, hesitating only at Nathaniels warning "It's real messed up outside... and we are leaderless... I declined the position... or resigned, however you wanna look at it... but Xander... they want you."

cxxxxx[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>






seraphus
oxxxx[:::::::::::::::::>      !,,!, (ô.ô) ,!,,!      <:::::::::::::::::]xxxxo
^*~.~*^*~.rOcK oN.~*^*~.~*^


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **




© Copyright 2006 Seraphus (UN: seraphus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seraphus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408480-Chapter-3-A-New-Leader-A-New-Home