*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408531-American-Idol-the-Women
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#408531 added February 22, 2006 at 6:41pm
Restrictions: None
American Idol, the Women
Watching the twelve nervous young women on Tuesday evening, left me wanting to hear the original songs these young vocalists chose. Many didn't do justice to the originals.

Heart's version of "Never," and Patti Smith's version of "Because the Night" were among the more industrious attempts. Nerves must really attack, because the "Idol" versions left a lot to be desired. Even the diva with the cat claws out, did a rather poor job of Stevie Wonder's "Sunshine of My Life."

I missed this show the first few seasons around, but the hype finally drew me in. The contestants are very young, and I'm amazed at the choices of music they have selected to sing. I don't recognize the country songs, but I will give credit for those who tackled songs that require strong voice. They made me want to hear the originals.

So I found the Heart and Patti Smith albums with the songs they sang, and I discovered one connection seems to be missing in my new set up. It's okay. The songs are available on Rhapsody.

Tonight Fox TV gives two hours to the gentlemen of the 2006 Idol group. Like host Ryan Seacrest says, we hope they can sing better than they can dance. I do have high hopes for some good deja vu music to find on Rhapsody tomorrow.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408531-American-Idol-the-Women