*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408641-Up-down-and-sideways
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#408641 added February 23, 2006 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
Up, down, and sideways
Every once in a while I recieve a review on an item that surprises me. It's not so much the content of the review, but since it's been in my portfolio for so long, I forgot it's there.

I received one review this morning that made me smile. It was critical and honest, which is what I like and why I put it there in the first place. The funny part was how it echoed what the editor at "In Touch" magazine said about the very same piece during the conference. Hmm. Ya think I need to take their words seriously?

Possibly.

Right now though, I have no interest in editing it. Like I responded to the reviewer, it wasn't their comments that I hesitate, it's my desire. I have no ambition to tackle that or any other article I've written.

My muse has other plans, and I'm too frightened to deny her anything, lest she stomp away in disgust and never return.

A few days ago I read Voxxylady 's blog entry "Succomb to the Music about participating in the March version of National Novel Writing month. Since I recently came up with a new book idea, I figured I might as well participate to get me to write it. She also recommended zwisis's blog entry "Invalid Entry about setting up the perfect space to make the muse happy. I'm certain I will be taking much of her advice to make the 50k word count by March 31.

I will definitely need to be organized if I want to not only write 50,000 words in 31 days, but I also have my Disciple class lessons (which I'm 1 1/2 weeks behind right now), my CWG lessons (5 more to go and I'm done. Yea!), my portion of a sci-fi anthology being assembled by bobneH .. aka.. just bob that I've been putting off for two months now . . . I'm sure there are others, but they escape me right now.

I know once I get organized I won't feel pulled in so many directions at once, and I may even accomplish my goals in the allotted time.

Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot to give a public THANK YOU to Voxxylady for this:

Merit Badge in Writing
[Click For More Info]

For a combination of journaling, quality fiction, and the courage to go after your career. I admire your spirit.


You're an inspiration to me as well for your courage to go after your dreams and believing enough in your work to publish on your own and not depend upon those evil editors to love your work first.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408641-Up-down-and-sideways