*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410207-Words-of-Wisdom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#410207 added April 26, 2014 at 6:20am
Restrictions: None
Words of Wisdom
Some of my first thoughts this morning centered around the blog I wrote last night. I'd debated long and hard about the subject matter and can't even blame my entry on alcohol as I'm still keeping it to a bare minimum. It was with some trepidation I opened my WDC mailbox as I sipped my first cup of tea. (with skimmed milk of course.)

Sometimes the words 'thank you' just don't seem enough. Sometimes I wish there was something I could do or say to show my appreciation of the people around me on this site. Sometimes I wonder at the little miracle that has opened so many new doors for me.

But 'thank you' is all I can say and I hope you all know how much your words of kindness and support help and uplift. Some of the phrases used in comments and e-mails are beyond profound. I have taken them on board and will hang on to the wisdom given by my many friends here.

The first thing I noticed as I descended the stairs was a parcel. I'd like to thank Nada particularly, for making my day start with a smile. Such excellent timing to receive gifts of such beauty, thoughfulness and amusement when my spirits needed a boost. There are special people all over this world and it is only through the internet I have been able to find some who have come to mean a great deal to me. Who could condemn that?

So, here is my duck 'Dashing' living up to his name wearing the ducky bathrobe, inherited from one of Nada 's cute pooches.




A perfect fit wouldn't you agree?

What a delight it was to receive another duck with a difference. I've decided to call this one 'The Duchess;'a term of endearment very close to my heart. Here she is carrying all the lovely goodies I received this morning.




Now, who could ask for a better start to the day than that?

My life is not perfect and neither am I but I know I am truly blessed to have friends in my life who bring me so much joy.

Yes, sometimes words are not enough so the best I can do is quote our dear CC. I WUB YOU ALL.


© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410207-Words-of-Wisdom