*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410317-Progress-Testing-the-Waters
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1054703
before it gets too out of hand.
#410317 added March 3, 2006 at 2:12am
Restrictions: None
Progress: Testing the Waters
As a mod, I come across a lot of crap that would rile up most people. I recently stumbled across Michael Wonch 's blog, and I read an entry where he dissected the requirements to become a moderator on the site. He mostly condemned females mods between the ages of 18 and 24. Talk about nailing my demographic! His basic gripe is we young female mods are too cliquey and immature for the job and basically canoodled our way into the jobs. Though I wanted to set the record straight with him right then and there, I decided not to take that route. Instead, I opted to find something redeeming about him, and I found a solid review he wrote within the past few days. When crediting, I explained what I liked about the review and waited to see what happened. On the whole, it was a positive reaction, and I figure he's probably not aware of my age. I assume my handle would give away my gender. But in truth, acts like this help me make better decisions about the battles I choose to fight both online and off. I say he has a right to be angry when he doesn't have all the facts, but I know now is not the time to state the facts. I know it's best to let him arrive at his own conclusions at his own pace. If he'd like to discuss it with me later on, I'm up for discussion. For now, though, I'm learning to get the ball out of my court every once in a while, to make myself understand that not everything needs to be on my shoulders, especially when I'm irked. It's all about baby steps.

© Copyright 2006 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410317-Progress-Testing-the-Waters