*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410490-A-sum-of-portfolio-parts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#410490 added March 3, 2006 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
A sum of portfolio parts
I had originally wanted to save this for tomorrow, but I couldn't help myself. I figured, it's done, might as well post it.

That will give me an excuse to come up with another subject, ignoring all the other things I need but don't want to do!

After reading chalaedra’s latest blog entry "Invalid Entry and how she talked a bit about her fledgling writing career, it dawned on me I have read nothing in her portfolio besides her blog.

Nor is she the only one. Checking out all my favorite bloggers, I realized I have delved into very few of their portfolios. I also realized even though their blog tells me a lot about them, it’s still only a part of their story.

For instance, what do they like to write? Do they concentrate on poetry, nonfiction, short stories? Do they tend to be humorous, spiritual, even erotic? How do they write? Is it similar to how they write their blog, or does the voice change somewhat with each new item? What else do they have in their portfolio? Do they sponsor contests, moderate forums, campfires, add pictures or even artwork?

Most people on WDC have a passion for writing. To read their blog and nothing else is in a way to ignore much that passion.

I have been touched and pleased when I shamelessly added a link to my blog of something I wrote and many of you took the time to both read and review it.

Perhaps it's time I returned the favor. Plus it'll be one more thing I can do when I don't want to do what I know I need to do!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410490-A-sum-of-portfolio-parts