*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411566-The-Tunnels-In-Glistening-Gush
Rated: 13+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1076332
At world end, do we stand with the sun? Or are we but entombed... in the tunnels?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#411566 added March 7, 2006 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
The Tunnels: In Glistening Gush
The walls rose, beating violently against black. He couldn't see, but he could hear, he could hear the songs and sonnets of them. They always sounded closer.
Always came closer.
They were getting closer.
He rubbed his head, sweating profusely, it was a wet mop of hair. His blinded eyes darted back and forht as he ran in the tunnels.
"We live in the tunnels, at world's end!" They shouted, echoing like a detached innocence. "We live in the tunnels, your people couldn't defend! Against our knive, they were plum out of life! We live in the tunnels, we live in the tunnels!"
He ran, gasping for breath for his forsaked lungs. He gripped his only weapon, a butter knife. Where had it come from? How was it that he now stood here? In this putrid blackness, running in a liquid that sloshed thickly, feeling walls that pulsated like veins.
The world could not have ended, he would tell himself. If he was still alive, the world must still exist, this must be a joke. How was this possible? They were testing him. Testing him.
"We live in the tunnels," Came the sonnet of childish voices. "And we're coming for you. We live in the tunnels. And we'll leave blood in your shoe!"
A scream echoed through the holes, breaking silence and song alike, tearing the two Eden brothers apart as sharply as knife tears flesh. The screams echoed, "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU? DEVILS, DEVILS, BACK AWAY. DEVILS, DEVILS, KILL ME NOT, KILL ME NOT. OH GOD MERCY, I PRAY, I PR--"
Silence emerged, leaving the man's eyes wide opened with fear and seeing nothing. Wide opened with terror but he viewed not his killer. He kneeled down in the thick liquid, he bowed his head in prayer.
"God, please, save me," He said.
A chorus of screams rose as if in response. His mercy could not be founded, not here, it was too late. It was too late. What was this place? His eyes darted back and fro, he heard things moving in the liquid.
He rosed with his butter knife and said, "Please, I'll do whatever you want. Please, just don't kill me, please..."
Silence, and then as far away as the song he had heard before, "We live in the tunnels, and we have killed. We live in the tunnels, earning the way till we're filled. We live in the tunnels, you've asked please, but your race has done nothing but displease!"
"No!" He shouted. "I do not represent my brothers! Please, throw their chains away from me! Please, mercy, my dear gods, mercy!"
A stab.
A pain.
A gush.
A gush of blissful blood.
The sound of liquid falling on liquid, the grunts of the man as vision came to him at last. Children running around, knives in hand, red caps of fiery delight, orange skin made of a fiendish light.
"We live in the tunnels!" They screamed innocently, eyes flashing poison. "And so will you, Charlie Mcdoo! So will you!"
A stab.
A pain.
A gush.
A gush of blissful blood.
The red poured around as the man opened his mouth in screaming agony. Knife after knife punched him in his gut and at his arms, slashing his naked body's legs and tearing holes that tore deep in flesh. The walls were painted with blood and were a deep indigo purple, of monstrous pulsating veins, and millions of hearts strewn about like puppets tied to strings.
A stab.
A pain.
A gush.
And he fell.
They danced around his corpse, as one held Charlie's head down in the blood. Making sure he drowned and was added to the cauldron.
"We live in the tunnels, your world is under!" They screamed with joy, smiling mouths filled with fangs. "We live in the tunnels, taking your bodies as our plunder!"
Darkness came back into the tunnel, and not long after, a scream could be heard, "NO SAVE ME. PLEASE. DON'T KILL ME, MY GODS, MY BEAUTIFUL GODS, DON'T KILL ME.
"SAVE ME...
"Save me..."
© Copyright 2006 TillDusk (UN: tilldusk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TillDusk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/411566-The-Tunnels-In-Glistening-Gush