*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412283
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#412283 added March 11, 2006 at 9:54am
Restrictions: None
Illinois Requires Blind Student's take Driver's Ed
Blind students required to pass driver's ed
Disabled students not exempt from graduation prerequisite in Chicago

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11761643/

Here’s the question:

Do you believe visually impaired students should be exempt from driver’s education classes?

Here are the choices given to answer the question:

Yes, They shouldn’t be required to study a subject that reminds them of their impairment.

No, The classes include information valuable to everyone.

The question on MSNBC concerning blind students being required to take drivers education classes is fair, but I really have a problem with how the question is worded. Who writes these questions for MSNBC?

Obviously someone is trying to be politically correct, because whoever wrote the question is making it about blind students being reminded that their blind, instead of the more pressing issue of how ridiculous it is for blind students in Illinois to be require to take drivers’ education classes in the first place.

I certainly don’t think any legally blind student should be required to take driver’s education, but if they want to a legally blind student could be given the option.

I’m not going to be able to cast my vote in the MSNBC Question of the Day Poll, because this time the problem is not with the question; the problem is with the answers. A simple yes or no would have been sufficient.

Of course, requiring blind students to take driver’s education is stupid, but the thought that blind students from Illinois will now be certified and qualified to be back seat drivers. I guess drivers that are constantly talking on their cell phones need all the help they can get – even if their passenger is blind. Oh please…




Sign up to receive The Writer's Circle Newsletter:

 WC Newsletter Feedback and Submissions  (E)
WC newsletter submission, a cheer or jeer, or just want to join the group? Find it here!
#641406 by Red Writing Hood <3


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#885751 by Not Available.




Sign up to receive The Writer's Circle Newsletter:

 WC Newsletter Feedback and Submissions  (E)
WC newsletter submission, a cheer or jeer, or just want to join the group? Find it here!
#641406 by Red Writing Hood <3


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#885751 by Not Available.


© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/412283