*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413937-The-difference-between-this-and-that
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#413937 added March 19, 2006 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
The difference between this and that
Many times after I learn something or make an observation, things happen that reinforce my newfound knowledge.

I noticed after I changed the title of my blog from “God’s Way” to “The Real Me,” the number of views and unique members jumped by 30%. I figured changing my title had to be the reason for that jump.

Then, not one week later schipperke writes "Invalid Entry in "Invalid Item about the importance of titles and subtitles of our blogs as well as other items to gain people’s interest.

I knew by using “God’s Way” as my title I would automatically turn off some potential readers. The nature of the title implies a religious slant, therefore, preachy.

But I also wanted any potential reader to know before they entered that I would write almost exclusively about my faith.

I’ve come to realize since then that my focus was too narrow, and I perhaps was hiding behind my faith. It was part of the mask I have been wearing most of my life, a cloak of protection even.

But I am more than just a Christian. I am also a human with many other interests and experiences.

More importantly, life teaches me worldly lessons along with spiritual lessons. I can’t focus only on one without it getting repetitive and boring after a while, for me as well as my readers.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/413937-The-difference-between-this-and-that