*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415595-Goverment-Officials-And-Angry-Housewives
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1083716
Each couple has to overcome differences; all to live.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#415595 added March 27, 2006 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Goverment Officials And Angry Housewives
They now stood on the steps of their castle home; inherited from a late uncle who had been the only family member to keep contact after the others shunned them. Awaiting the members of other elements, coming to join in their battle against annihilation--the government had deemed them hazardous and unworthy of life, having decided that they were out for blood. Like killer animals on the verge of death by starvation. Not caring whose flesh was torn off in the process. In plain English, they were going to murder them off because they were freaks. Deonte and Yumi did not ant this to happen, which is why they stood on their front steps waiting for old friends, and new allies.

Four hundred miles away from the Chinita home lay a brightly lit office building; funny didn’t they close after dark? You would never guess that on the inside it would hold hundreds of thousands of hi-tech gadgets, advanced computer systems, and training facilities. Yes this was the governmental base, and inside people were practically flying every which way, papers zooming behind them and in the midst of everything sat a small woman, string intently at a computer screen. Dark red blotches inked across the screen as her brown eyes followed them, this was the energy tracker that Agent Hannah Steele had sent months working on. It was linked up to the electrical charges of most of the world, and when ever the energies blinked red, other agents were sent out to capture the elementals. Basically, if the spot was grey it was normal energy, like a light being turned on. If it was dark red, it was an elemental.

At four foot eleven, Hannah wasn’t the most respected government agent, but she was certainly one of the more intellectual. She had brown hair, that was almost the color of her eyes, and she wore the standard uniform, grey slacks, black sneakers, a white button up shirt, and a grey suit jacket. Everyone looked like a clone, except for the fact that their heights and hair colors were different. Once the screen blinked dark red, Hannah quickly tapped the print keys with her short, filed nails, and hurried to the laser printer. As soon as her coordinate sheets were out she grabbed the paper, and made a beeline for the boss’ office. She knew for a fact that Mr. Ashota and his wife did not like her very much but, she had been told that even if it might be a false alarm, if that screen blinked red they were the first to know, and no one else. So like a good agent, she followed orders to a ‘T’.

Mr. Ashota was an aging man, his once red hair had slowly turned grey, and there were lines in his face that gave off a higher age then was factual. Honestly, fifty-eight was not that old. Especially when he was the leading Agent in the field half the time. His wife on the other hand, well most people would say she was gorgeous, and a lovely party hostess but, everyone who knew her very personally would say she was an uber bitch. She was very possessive of her husband, and barely cared for the agency which he held so dear. Even if a plain woman like Hannah came within a hundred feet of her husband without her presence she went into hysterics and Mrs. Ashota was not to be taken likely, she like to throw things. Especially glass things. Hannah had quite a few glasses thrown at her when she first started in the agency. So that was her boss’, and thank god Mrs. Ashota was out of town now, or else Hannah would never have the guts to walk into her actual boss’ office alone, and without a lot of padding on her body.
Meekly, Hannah knocked on Mr.Ashosta’s door, and awaited the old, gravely voice to say ‘enter’. When he finally did, she pushed open the door, kept her eyes on her feet, and waited for him to ask her what she wanted.
© Copyright 2006 Yumi Chan (UN: lizzi_swis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yumi Chan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415595-Goverment-Officials-And-Angry-Housewives