*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415775
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#415775 added March 28, 2006 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
But will it be able to make me smarter easier?
Well, if you're any kind of fan of Science Fiction then you too knew that eventually this could happen.

Whatever the mind can concieve the mind can achieve.

Comics were the first to introduce the possibility of going to the moon, so with all the movies, think I,Robot and the like, it shouldn't come as a surprise that somebody somewhere would come up with a way to actually marry brain cells and the like with computer technology.

I just wonder how their going to select who gets these nuro computer chip plug-ins? Will this technology only be available to those who can afford it?

Parents will now have to start saving for their child's nuronet plug-ins instead of college? THAT's REALLY NOT FUNNY, but sadly - likely.

I'm still not sure that earning a college degree only through an online University is really a good thing. I do believe in distant learning, but I think going to college teaches more than just what can be learned in a classroom. Yes, I do!

College is where learning really begins, in my humble opinion.

I'm not so sure selective College Admission standards are best for everyone concerned. I really do know that what college a person goes to can enable a person to get a better job. Here in Louisiana it use to be before Hurricane Katrina a Tulane University or Loyola University Graduate had way better odds of getting the job if competing with someone who graduated from Nicholls State University. Employers are still impressed with where a person graduates - not necessarily how gifted and talented an individual is. That's wrong too, but still a reality.

I'm sure even wealthy parents can still educate their stupid children at the very best schools. Money talks!!!

Look at how much money politicians are willing to spend to have jobs where their salary won't even begin to cover their expenses.

By the way, the few times I've seen parts of the show "Campus Ladies" I've been totally disappointed - maybe disgusted is a better word.

But in the next few decades college may become obsolete, and money that was once needed to pay for a son or daughter's college education may need to be used to buy a nuronet plug-in.

Think Chevy compared to a Mercedes-Benz, or GMC compared to Porsche. Would you rather have a Rolls-Royce Phantom or a used Mustang. How about a Lamborghini Murciélago or an old Ford Model-T.

Yep, the way I read the following article is demostrating the possibility that intelligence is going to be bought and sold like cars.

Brain cells fused with computer chips
Tests with neurons could lead to better computers, brain treatments

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12037941/from/RS.4/?GT1=7850

To me that actually means people will actually end up Dumb or Dumber after having forgotten how to actually learn, and incorporate learned knowledge into their daily lifes.

I truely wish I could imagine the endless possibilities for good, but mankind has disappointed me way to many times.

America is spending more money producing weapons than it's spending to educate future generations. In America today, we have really big bombs, and an amazing deliver system for those bombs, but we also still have poverty, homelessness, and all sorts of prejudice.

Yep, to my way of thinking people are getting dumber, and dumber.

Maybe I don't have to worry about Nuronet Chip Plug-Ins replacing human intelligence at any price. We'll probably blow ourselves up, or one government or another will destroy the earth's environment making it unable to support human life long before Nuronet Chip Plug-Ins become a reality.

If Corporations don't poison us with their genetically altered foods first...

Or all the do-gooder fanatic busy bodies that want to tell everybody how they should live that they'll eventually have us all convicted as some kind of criminal for... say like... smoking a cigarette... or arrested for being drunk in a bar.

America will be bankrupt anyway... Thanks to George W. Bush and his gang of thugs... so they'll probably have to outsource building the neuro net plug-ins to factory in China...

Imagine what people would be willing to pay for cheap knock offs ...

Yep, Made IN America ... what's that??????











© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/415775