*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416191
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#416191 added March 30, 2006 at 1:39pm
Restrictions: None
Iraqi Primier, Bush, and other News
Seems to me the following article reports that the Iraqi Primier is actually giving Bush some much needed lessons concerning the true meaning of the word Democracy - HOW APPROPRIATE*Exclaim* Bush does seems to create his own definitions depending on exactly what "course" Bush himself intends to follow. Good for you, Mr. Iraqi Primier! Please call Bush's bluff - after all what more can this current American President do - Invade your country? Done that - still there!

Beleaguered Premier Warns U.S. to Stop Interfering in Iraq's Politics

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/30/international/middleeast/30iraq.htmlex=1301374...

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


In Women's Health News, the following article makes me wonder what did our mothers and grandmothers do beofore all these drug companies came up with little magical pills.

Okay, I'd like to believe medical advances are generally good, but drug companies don't do anything without a profit motive. I survived the hot flashes and night sweats without taking any magical drugs. Of course, I was miserable, but truth be told I didn't know what was wrong with me. NO doctor told me, and I was very busy earning two college degrees. I was a seriously financially poor student. It never occured to me to run and complain to my doctor that I was sweating my ass off, and had trouble sleeping. I thought it was a stress reaction to trying to earn college degrees while being decades older than regular, traditional college students. How dumb was I?

I just worry that we're all so dependent on drugs, addictive or not, drugs are still drugs. I kinda have my own theory about being sick... seems to me most of us are as sick as we can afford to be. My theory includes being CRAZY, too. Just thought ya'll ought to know.


A Chance Find, and VoilĂ ! Goodbye, Hot Flashes. Hello, Sleep.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/28/health/28brody.html?_r=1&incamp=article_popula...

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


Excuse me, but it's not just a black thing, in my humble opinion. For the moment, that is all I'm going to say!

A Poverty of the Mind
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/opinion/26patterson.html?incamp=article_popula...

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*





*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


I ain't gonna lie to ya'll and tell you any thing negative about the preacher guy in the following article. I happen to enjoy listening to him, but I haven't sent him any money. I have been practicing what he's been preaching before he ever began preaching it. Oh, yes I've driven many a parking lot, and sang God's praises aloud and alone in my vehicle. Works for me. Oh, you don't understand my last comment about the parking lot. Well, just read the article. I got more examples too. You want to hear them? E-mail me. No, I'm not kidding.

A Preacher's Credo: Eliminate the Negative, Accentuate Prosperity

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/30/books/30oste.html?pagewanted=1&incamp=article_...

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


My thoughts concerning the following article are: Damn, I'm a diabetic, and who am I kidding... I'm not ever going to France. It all does sound quite lovely though. Light, fanciful reading. Nothing wrong with that, is there? Enjoy!

To Lure the French, Don't Be Too Sweet

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/29/dining/29past.html?incamp=article_popular

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


I think the vast majority of people will agree with my answer to the following question, "Why should I give a hoot about college students playing lacrosse?

My answer, "I don't and I never will."

I do believe that there is a serious problem with how too many people view athelets. It does matter if the sport is football, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, or even pro wrestling. Just because these athelets make a lot of money don't make them truely special... it makes them rich. Team owners are even richer! So what?

I've never been a worshiping fan of anything. Tailgate parties are just that - an excuse to party. What am I missing?

As for Duke University's response, and the actions of their lacrosse team members. Shameful. Criminal.

There has been a lot of news about University scandals.

What will eventually happen to Duke University, athelets, and others? Hopefully - personal and institutional accountability and responsibility will prevail. And lessons will be learned... the real question is WHEN? When will they learn? This is 2006, and as far as many profess we have come. Power, privilage, and money will never excuse violence and racial prejudice.

Rape Allegation Against Athletes Is Roiling Duke

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/29/sports/29duke.html?incamp=article_popular

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


Well, the following article certainly demonstrated the inquistive nature of mankind. What does all this mean? Well, surely some drug company will try to develop some kind of serum that will promise if you buy our drug, give it to your child - you can be proud parents of a highly intelligent child. Snake oil, busy work, and how did we ever get this far? These kind of studies can be good and bad, I guess. Where is the profit motive? Studies cost money. Whose paying for these studies? Why? What is it that the financiers of such medical studies plan to gain? I wonder... Oh, I have no doubt that someday someone will figure it all out. They'll patent it. I doubt if any of the genetic benefits will be allowed to trickle down to us regular, everyday, ordinary citizens. Stuff such as this is reserved for the very rich, very powerful, and very, very privilaged. Well, that leaves me out standing in my field. *Laugh*

Scans Show Different Growth for Intelligent Brains
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/30/science/30brain.html?ex=1143867600&en=b6ab18ed...

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


OH MY GOD, what are they afraid of? Yes, it's possible that even trailer trash might look better in designer looking (knockoff) clothes. *Laugh**Laugh**Laugh*

Jerry Springer might ought to consider providing some serious fashion advice to the people that appear on his show. God knows these people need it.

I wear grey tee shirts and blue jeans... almost exclusively. I really could care less, my whole problem with this idea of copyrighting fashion is this will surely demonstrate beyond any shadow of a doubt that if a lobby group throws enough money at American Congressmen and Senators you can get any law passed that you have the money to pay for. Yep! It's always about the money.

Ya'll gotta know that there are and always will be people that have more money than sense, so there will always be someone willing to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for an original designer something or other. This ain't about protecting a designer's copyright... this is about ensuring a way to get more of our disposable income into thier greedy little coffers. If the designers get to copyright fashions, then they can sell licenses to mass produce knockoffs. HOW many wealthy women you know all want to wear the same dress? They all attend the same damn parties. Duh? Idjits!!! They really think we're ALL stupid.

O.K., Knockoffs, This Is War
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/30/fashion/thursdaystyles/30copy.html?ex=11438676...


*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*


I'm done for today.

Sincerely,
The Critic



© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416191