*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416545
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#416545 added March 31, 2006 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
About DAMN Smoking Bans
Ya know, people ought to be required to listen to wise men.

I’m of the live and let live generation, and I want to know who the people are that are making it their life’s work to tell everybody how they ought to live, breath, think, and vote. YES, vote.

You feel a need to feel important. YOU really ought to find a better way of making a contribution to society other than by telling people what they ought to do and how to do it.

Let’s review:

I’m a smoker.
Smoking cigarettes has become indefensible, but I’m still a smoker. Cigarette smoking is legal. It’s so legal it’s taxed, and man do I mean TAXED!!!

Being a smoker make me a drug addict.
I’m addicted to nicotine. There is no sympathy for nicotine addicts. What? You’d rather I do illegal drugs? OH Please!

Seems 48 States are making money off of the money I’ve spent on my drug addiction over the last 37 years. For some reason I can’t seem to figure out how the Tobacco Settlement is fair to me. Duh!

I am of the opinion if States and Politicians couldn’t make money off of my addiction to nicotine – not a blasted one of them would care if I smoked like a train.

Smoking Bans may be all the rage, but that don’t make it right.

People who support smoking bans are thinking just like Bush. And we all know exactly how brilliant Bush is, don’t we?

Like I said in the beginning of this Blog entry… people really ought to be required to listen to wise men.

So don’t listen to me, read what one very wise, thoughtful man had to say:


"Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C.S. Lewis.

And YES YA’LL, what C.S. Lewis said pertains to all you marauding anti-smoking supporters.

Get a life, and leave mine alone.

Have those of you who support banning smoking really, REALLY thought about what it’s going to be like living in a world with so many nicotine addicts going through withdrawals?

No, I really don’t want sympathy. I would much prefer all of you smoking ban supporters shrivel up, turn to dust, and blow away – to put it nicely.

Sincerely,
The Critic


© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/416545