*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417048-TV
by Ken
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1089551
This is the journal of my experiences and thoughts.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#417048 added April 3, 2006 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
TV
My wife and I finally broke down and signed up for satelite TV. I am looking forward to watching all the cold case files and FBI shows that I have been missing for the last couple of years. We originally cut off our cable, because the price kept going up, and we couldn't afford cable and internet. I have a much better paying job, and satelite is much cheaper than cable.

I have to admit it surprises me how much we like to be entertained. The television has grown to be more than just something to watch, it is companionship. I now work two weeks on, two weeks off, and I wanted the dish so that I could have something to do while my wife is at work. She wanted the dish so that she would have something to do during the two weeks I'm at work. When we spent the majority of our time off together, we didn't need TV. Over the years, it has evolved from entertainment to a part of the family.

Some would argue that this is a bad thing. Others would argue the opposite. Myself, I try not to cling to concepts like good or bad. It just is. I accept it.

© Copyright 2006 Ken (UN: redken70 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ken has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417048-TV