*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417291-Mid-Season-Problems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#417291 added April 4, 2006 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
Mid Season Problems
You know, whatever we do in life it always seems to create problems. Even when we go all out for self-improvement, the things we didn't anticipate can cause havoc on a daily basis. Just a simple thing like what to wear is giving me a headache at the moment.

I always find this time of year very frustrating clothing wise. I'm fed up with winter coats and boots and itching to get out my sandals and summer dresses. But typically, the weather refuses to acknowledge it's spring and despite some sunshine today, a cold wind persists and it's been trying to snow again.

I don't own any shoes. Now, that's rare for a female I know, but I'm not talking footwear in general. I have a passion for sandals and love boots, but actual shoes are always too uncomfortable for me to wear for any length of time. During winter I wear boots all the time and not being a creature who feels the cold too much, I tend to come out of boots and straight into sandals around this time of year.

Last week my comfortable every day boots fell apart and had to be binned. The shops are now full of summer footwear, so it's impossible to buy any new ones. It's far too cold to wear sandals as yet, so poor Cinderella has nothing to put on her feet. *Cry*

This morning I discovered the one pair of trousers I have that actually fit me are also falling apart. I frantically tried on three other pairs but due to my mammoth dieting efforts, I have to admit they'd have dropped off before I got to the bottom of the stairs. I don't wish to buy any new ones yet as I've not finished my diet and don't know what size I will be when I do reach my target.

Today I've got by, but tomorrow I'm going out for the day with my friend Big Pam, as it's her birthday. So, I either go barefoot and trouserless and get splinters and probably arrested, or freeze to death in a skirt and sandals. See what I get for my good intentions?

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417291-Mid-Season-Problems