*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419034
by X-Bug
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1093300
Raziel's life is somewhat mediocore and lonley, but can one tiny event change it?
#419034 added April 12, 2006 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6: Anguish Complications
Chapter Six: Anguish Complications

Raziel waved farewell to Chelsea as he headed to Corey's alley to go to sleep for school tommorow. Corey laid down and it looked like there was barley any room for Raziel.

"Where am I sleeping?" Raziel asked. Corey pointed to a row of fold up chairs that were holding up a beat up mattress.

"Where'd you get the mattress?" Raziel asked as he laid down on it.

"I saw it sitting on the side of the road, and the fold up chairs I always had, my friends used to bring them over for us to sit on and watch TV." Corey replied. Raziel nodded and closed his eyes as he laid his head down on the pillow, which was nothing but a bunch of leaves ducktaped together, it also had a few small chunks of wood in it. But Raziel didn't notice it has he sighed and went to sleep. His mind got a little frusterated when he remembed about his cat, he would have to go get her and possibly bring some stuff from his house to the alley. Raziel was thinking about how he could probably shape the alley into a house looking thing, maybe make it to where Chelsea, Corey, and him to sleep in it. Raziel fell asleep thinking about Chelsea, his cat, and the alley.

Suddenly, two figures crept into the alley silently. Corey and Raziel were both very sound asleep, which denied them the priveliges of hearing the two cloaked figures.

"Well, we're back." The one in the red said. The black cloaked one just laughed, looking at the two boys sleeping.

"What's so funny?" The red cloaked one asked.

"Nothing, it just pathetic seeing these losers sleep." The black one replied as he reached into a pocket of his cloak and pulled out a small box. He reached into the small box and pulled out a small looking sword, which was no bigger than a sword hanging off an earring.

"Oh, I can't believe your going to use that one!" The red cloacked one exclaimed. The black one snickered.

"Once we have control over his mind, the world is ours." He broke out into a small quiet, maniacal laugh. He stuck the minute sword in Raziel's shoulder and then pushed it all the way in, Raziel twitched uncomfortably, but did not wake up.

"It will only be a few hours until the effects become dire." The black one scoffed as the two cloaked men ran out of the alley in a silent, but quick, scurry. Raziel kept snoring silently, as well as Corey. Chelsea on the other hand, was having a hard time getting to sleep since she had no choice but to sleep in the mansion which Raziel had almost killed himself in. Chelsea's mom was on a tour in France, and Chelsea was happy of that, but she still felt uncomfortable as she rolled over in the bed.

"Maybe I should go sleep with them..." She whispered quietly in her sleep, and then she could her something. A low deep growled which drew a silent squeal from her. She began to tremble as she clenched her covers. Fear ran through her like a bullet, and her heart raced as she heard the footsteps get closer. Chelsea jolted up and screamed, she tumbled out of her bed and landed on the cold, hard, tile floor. She crawled and skid across the floor, tripping on every step she took. Chelsea must of gotten closer to whatever was there, because she could hear it breathing.

"Oh God.." She squeaked as she began to shake. Cheslea could feel herself getting lifted up by whatever was behind her.

"You..." It said raspily, "I don't know who you are, but your going to die.." Chelsea could feel cold steel run down her arm and draw blood. She winced slightly and felt a tear run down her face. The poor girl had an awful vibe as she felt her lips tremble. I'm going to die. Surviving and escaping was the only thing on her mind as her attempts to escape the thing's grip seem to become more hopeless as she struggled. A knife cut down her leg and she could feel blood drip down her leg. At a final desperate attempt, she jolted her foot behind her, and began to hope it was a guy. To her luck, she heard something drop and the guy began to yell.

"Whore!" He screamed as Cheslea began to ran. She could see nothing, the house was pitch black and she had no idea where she was going. Chelsea lost her footing and began to tumble down the staircase, she screamed in pain as she felt her arm go numb. She hoped it was from the cut and not the fact that she heard a loud cracking noise. The wounded and injured adolescent felt the stairs come to and end as she lay still on the ice cold floor. She tried to get up, but fell back down. Chelsea began to claw her way across the floor, hoping to reach the door. She reached up and touched something cold, kind of like brass, and she knew it was the door knob, but her hope died as she heard a gunshot.

"Where you going, babe?" It growled as he picked Chelsea up by the hair and let go, causing her to crash to the ground painfully. Pain was coursing through every part of her body. Her head pounded and the darkness around her was blurry. Why was this maniac after her? As she began to lose counsicness, she only whispered one word. "Raziel..."

Raziel woke up and yawned. He had slept decently last night, all though he still felt tired. The sun lightly shined down in the alley and Raziel covered his eyes. He didn't care for school, but now it was different. He had friends, people to actually talk to that wouldn't tell him to whack off or something gay like that. He smiled and knew he this school exprenice was going to be entirley diffferent than those of the past. Corey woke up.

"Hey Raziel." A small smile covered a portion of his face.

Chelsea woke up, and her vision was horrible. She could barley see anything, just colored blobs. She sighed and tried to rub her eyes, but she found out she was tied up. Chelsea looked around, it looked like she was in a tool shed, but in place of tools, their were weapons placed everywhere. Guns were hung up, knifes were stuck in walls and even a few gothic looking swords were stabbed into the floor. This made her feel uncomfortable as her enemy appeared in front of her. He was a giant, he had huge muscles, tan skin, and many scars on his faces. The mans expression was tight and threatning.

He grabbed an axe from the wall and raised it over her. His expression got meaner, and Chelsea closed her eyes. But to her surprise, nothing happened. She opened one eye and saw that the man had dropped the axe and was just breathing heavily.

"Richardson... bastards took everything from my family!" He screamed as he punched a hole through the wall. Chelsea stared at him. Her family had done some awful things. So awful that awful wasn't even dreadful enough to describe, inhuman wasn't even bad enough to classify the things they had done.

"Listen..." She said calmly, "My mom and dad were terrible people. They did terrible things, I didn't want them to do this. I even yelled at them for doing these things! They've had people cut down rainforests, burn down other wealthy peoples houses, and even ruin families as they did to yours! Please understand-" Chelsea was cut off abruptly by a gun shot. This made her lips curl into a ball, making her completly silent. The man screamed.

"Shut up! One more word and I kill you! I don't care what you did! You are the last living relative of the Richardsons! Once I kill you... it's all over." He breathed heavily. Chelsea was about to say something, but instead just showed a look of confusion.

"Oh, about your mom... she's dead. She was taken care of yesterday." The man grinned a deranged smirk and this made Chelsea wince. Suddenly, she could hear footsteps, not from inside the shed, but from out. This caught the mans attention and he looked at the door as if it were a timer. Three men busted through the door and trained guns on the man.

"Freeze!" They yelled. Chelsea felt a locomotive of happineis run through her. She was going to be freed. But the man grunted, telling her that something else rested up his sleeve. Chelsea watched the police stand still, just keeeping their guns aimed at the man. A police man opened fire, and in a split second, the killer evaded to the left and picked up his ax. He swiftly threw into the man that had shot at him, and the man gushed blood, the ax was straight in his chest, the man was nearly in half. Chelsea tried to keep from throwing up. The killer just scoffed.

The police tried to take another shot but the killer picked me up, chair and all, and bolted through the door. It was sunrise, the sun was peeking over the horizon as Chelsea could hear the gunshots of the police. She gritted her teeth, angry of the events taking place. All her cuts and wounds were stinging as she was dropped on the ground. Chelsea winced and tears formed in the corners of her eyes, her elbow had slammed into the diamond hard dirt.

Chelsea's elbow pulsed with pain and her arm began to feel numb. She felt herself freed from the ropes and she slowly stumbled to her feet. The killer clothes-lined a police guy in half, and Chelsea was left brethless. This guy was insane. She watched in fear, knowing that if she made even the slightest move the man would kill her. The police were all dead, the man was lefting standing in their blood, a maniacal grin rested on his face. Then suddenly, an arrow came through, piercing the events that were taking place at that moment. Arrows? They still use those now a days? This struck Chelsea as odd, mainly because many in the world today many would prefer a gun over a rather primative, bow and arrow. The killer rushed towards where the shot had emerged and three arrows were embedded in his arm.

"Damn!" He yelled and ran after the archer, or the person that was crazy enough to shoot arrows at a deliquent bastard that was almost seven foot. Chelsea then realized something, something that hit her like a hammer. She could run away now! As fast as her feet would carry, she ran into the darkness, which was getting split apart by the rising sun. Then, all she could remember was hitting the ground and a stinging pain in her head.

Raziel studied his homeroom teacher oddly, who was only about 5'4'', and looked like he was anarexic. It actually made him chuckle when he looked down at him. "Something funny?" Mr. Ridijek, asked him.

"Nothing really, it's just your... well..." Raziel stopped for a moment. Raziel went up to the board and drew one large stick figure, looking down. He then drew a small dot under the larger ones gaze. Everyone laughed.

"That's enough, Mr. Sallatine." Mr. Ridijek said, which made Raziel embarrassed becuase he hated his last name. All the kids in classroom laughed silently as Raziel headed back to his seat. He decided to play along as his first day in 8th grade began. Corey, who was busy in high school, wasn't exactly having the same type of day Raziel was.

"Corey, you are in so much trouble..." A male teacher said in a gloomy voice. Corey's spring break wasn't as long as Chelsea's and Raziels, it was a week shorter. Corey knew that, but he also knew he had to help Raziel escape the predicament he was in. So, after a bout of thinking, Corey decided to blow off school and help his new friend. However, he was beginning to see the downside of that.

"Mr. Renkei, I cannot believe this-- since this is a requirement... may I ask just what you were doing the entire week you skipped?" The princable, Mr. Jacobs asked in a conceraned tone. Corey cleared his voice and maintained eye contact.

"Well sir, I have a rational explanation, all though it might make things worse..." Corey grinned nervously.

"Whatever it is... just tell me, I'd like to get it over with." The princable groaned miserably.

"Well, the first two days I skipped... as well as many others, I was in prison.." Corey laughed shyly. Mr. Jacobs gave him an odd look.

"You mean juvenile hall?" He asked.

"Actually, no, I seriously mean some type of jail." Corey said. Mr. Jacobs nearly choked- which is a bad sign when one isn't eating anything.

"Well, that's preposterous! I demand to know he in-jailed a simple high-schooler!" Mr. Jacobs sounded angry.

"I feel your anger, and, since this is perfectly rational and 100% true... can those few missed months be excused?" Corey asked. Mr. Jacobs was now in deep stage of thought, Corey knew it was important that he would not interrupt him during this time of thinking. After a few minutes of total silence passed, Mr. Jacobs stopped rubbing and chin and came out of his stage of thought. Corey looked relieved as he knew he would finally recieve an answer.

"Well... I agree to excuse your abscenses from the last few months... however, I do want you to start taking school more importantly, an education is a rare oppurtunity taken for granted by many, so with those last words... I'm setting you free from my office." Corey smiled and left the office. All thought Raziel was having a pretty day, and Corey's day was off to a bad start, Chelsea's was bad overall.

Chelsea awoke in a dark place, with no light, it smelled damp and musty, like a basement. She could her sounds of dripping, as if a leak were somewhere. Scammpering of rodents could also of been heard. Chelsea tried to move, but her body felt so weak and limp, making her think she might of been given some drug. Suddenly, a light flicked on. She could now see, but things were still slightly hazy. A figure, a figure different from the one of the deliquent, came down the steps slowly, hinting to her that this person was elderly.

"Hey whelp! You down there?" The woman called in a scratchy old voice, all though Chelsea didn't like being called that, she didn't have time to argue. "Ha, I'm only kidding, youngon'. So, tell me, how'd you wind up in the middle of the forest?" The lady grabbed her shoulder and lightly shook Chelsea.

"Long story," Chelsea said drowsily, "I'd be glad to tell you over a meal though." She lightly smiled. The woman's expression clearly didn't object as she helped Chelsea to her feet.

"Well then gal, I'd be happy to feed you. By the way, my name is Crystal." Crystal led her up the stairs slowly. When she arrived in the room, what seemed to be like the kitchen, the smell of dampness quickly left the air and the smell of fresh air filled the room.

"Where am I?" Chelsea asked as she sat down at a table. Her vision wasn't blurry any longer, and her body wasn't as limp. Had she been out longer than expected? She knew that if you slept too much or too long, your muscles might get sore, causing a little limpness, but all she could remember was being knocked out for about a few hours. Crystal offered her a cup of coffee.

"Drink up, this might get the soreness outta' you." Crystal said, as she passed a mug of coffee over to Chelsea. Chelsea just stared at her reflection in the coffee. She looked different, the bruises and the cuts on her face gave her a more mature kind of look, she kind of liked it, but she passed it off as she took a drink of the black elixer. Chelsea sat the cup down, the coffee waked her taste buds up as she stared at Crystal again.

"You didn't answer my question." Chelsea said in a monotone.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what was your question?" Crystal said.

"I wanted to know where I am." Chelsea replied.

"Your in the middle Bouelevard county... why?" Chelsea looked shock. Bouelevard county? Thats miles away from Sansville county! Chelsea thought in a small phase of panic.

"Me and my husband were on a trip and we found you hurt in the forest. So we post-poned our trip and headed back home." Crystal explained.

"That was very kind of you but... I need to get back to Sansville!" Chelsea said. A gloomy expression lay on Crystal's face.

"I'd love to take you..." Chelsea cut her off.

"Good, let's go!" Chelsea said as she darted up from her chair.

"But..." Crystal finished, "The car broke down after we got back. Sorry youngon'." Chelsea sat back down with a frown on her face.

"How long will it take to fix it?" Chelsea asked. Crystal laughed.

"Only about three or four days, I think you'll be okay staying her for a while, okay?" Crystal smiled and Chelsea had a hard time smiling back. She knew Raziel would be worried sick, Chelsea swallowed hard and thought about as she took another drink of the coffee. Crystal looked slightly interested in her dilema.

"So, tell me what's wrong." She said as she pulled a chair up to the table. Chelsea put her coffee mug to the side of the table and yawned lightly.

"Long story, like I said before, but I'd be glad to tell you. It began when I was around 10. My family was very powerful and rich, and before my 10th birthday, they used their wealth responsibly. But, after that, it all went downhill. They began killing people for more fame and publicity, and even burnt down forests to build plazas." Chelsea began.

"Story of the world." Crystal nodded. Chelsea went and poured more coffee into her cup.

"Then, my current age, 14, I meant a boy named Raziel. He came from a family that couldn't support... his father died when Raziel was seven, and his mom ran off. I felt sorry for him... and in turn fell in love with him. My family hated this, they called him a dog who wasn't worthy of us. It angered me..." Chelsea paused. Crytsal had compassion in her eyes as Chelsea countinued, "And the story of how you found me in the middle of that forest is entirely different... though its too fuzzy to call back." Chelsea lied. She just didn't wish to tell it.

"That's okay." Crystal said. Chelsea stood up and stretched.

"Do you happen to have a phone?" Crystal had a small gleam in her eye.

"Yes, but it can only call about a county away... why?" Chelsea expression grimmed.

"Nevermind." Chelsea responded.

Raziel glanced at the sidewalk, school had been out for about 15 minutes and Corey was supposed to meet him by the alley, but it was taking forever. Then, he saw a figure sprinting up the hill.

"Finally!" Raziel yelled as he jogged to meet Corey.

"Sorry for being late... highschool is far from here..." He breathed heavily. Raziel laughed.

"Hey, whats so damn funny? I ran hard buddy!" Corey claimed.

"Heh, sorry, that was kind of funny though." Raziel grinned. Corey caught his breath. Then, all of a sudden, sirens could be heard wailing from not too far off.

"Oh gimme a frickin' break..." Raziel groaned. The police bullshit was getting old, and Raziel wasn't going to take their cop crap any longer. A cop car pulled up to them.

"Excuse me boys..." The officer said, leaning out his car window, "You seen a man known as Drake Keroi? He's wanted for the kidnapping of... Chelsea Richardson?" Raziel was in shock, as well as Corey. Raziel gritted his teeth.

"Fu-! I mean, sorry officer, I know her, she's my girlfriend. I'm Raziel Sallatine." Raziel greeted the officer. The officer tipped his hat.

"You can just call me Carve. Did you happen to know any of her wherabouts before this happened?" Carve asked with a small notepad and pen out.

"Yes, see that huge mansion over there? That's where she was." Raziel clenched his fists.

"Anything else?" The officer asked, jotting something down on his notepad.

"No." Raziel said quickly.

"Thanks, sorry about her not being with you as well. I'm also sorry to inform you that 75% fold, she's already been killed. We're just looking for a body." Raziel gaped. His jaw dropped. Dead? No, she can't be! Raziel let his eye swallow the tears which were ready to burst.

"Sure of that?" Raziel asked. Carve swallowed hard.

"75% bud... sorry. Though she might be alive." Carve began to pull away but Raziel stopped him.

"Please, don't treat this like it's a statistic! It's important!" Raziel yelled. Carve stopped.

"Though its not completly in my hands.. I'll do all I can." Carve said, as he finally drove off. Raziel watched him and his expression fell. Corey patted him on the back.

"Come on... it's all right. Theres still a chance." Corey said softly. Raziel just sulked back the alley and sat down. He felt partially broken, kind of how you feel when you stand up, try to walk, and break your spine out of nowhere. It hurt.

Chelsea watched dust clouds go by on what seemed like the middle of nowhere in Bouelevard county. Crystal was watching the news with her husband, Jim, when something suddenly came by that caught their eye.

"A girl of 14 years of age, has been kidnapped! Her name will not be mentioned due to privacy requests by authorites! If you've seen her at all, please report it to us!" A reporter said frantically as he tipped his hat back to the others at the desk, signalling for them to talk about this topic.

"Kidnapped?" Chelsea asked. Crystal and Jim looked over at her.

"I thought you just got attacked in the forest of Sansville." Crystal said.

"I did, but police, though they died in the process, saw me with the attacker. So they might think I was kidnapped." Chelsea said, thinking. I hope he is all right, she mentally sighed. Crystal and her husband continued watching TV as Chelsea was still sittting down at the table.

It was around eight o' clock in Sansville, and yet many cars were still buzzing around. Raziel walked slowly on the sidewalk. He was alone. He was stressed. He didn't want to be messed with. But, as he knew, most things didn't go like he planned. When, all of a sudden, he bumped into a girl that looked like she was around his age.

"Watch it." Raziel said in a monotone. Raziel continued walking when the girl yelled something.

"Wait up!" She caught up with Raziel, "Who are you?" Raziel just stared at her.

"Aren't you going to answer me?" The girl just kept looking at him. Raziel growled.

"Listen, damn it! Can't you see I don't want you around?" He yelled. The girl stared blankly into Raziel's eyes.

"My name is Jennifer." Jennifer said quietly. Raziel yelled and kicked the wall behind him.

"Go away! I don't care who you are, I don't care! All right?!" The girl looked kind of hurt.

"Fine! I was just trying to be nice after I bumped into you! Jerk!" She yelled as she strutted away. For some reason, this hurt Raziel again. He felt like garbage lying on the corner, he was there for everyone to kick around. He felt one single tear escape his eye, and continued walking. Raziel then hads a strong urge to cut himself on something. He just growled and pulled his thoughts away from a sharp object. He didn't need any fucking smpothy from a knife, he thought.
© Copyright 2006 X-Bug (UN: davey21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
X-Bug has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419034