*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419039
by X-Bug
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1093300
Raziel's life is somewhat mediocore and lonley, but can one tiny event change it?
#419039 added April 12, 2006 at 12:20pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3: Psychos
Chapter Three: Psychos

Raziel awoke in a big square room, it had no bars, but it was similar to the cell. It had a small window present, and it looked like as if they were in one of those rooms they place psychotic people in. Raziel nudged Corey, who woke up as soon as Raziel did that. He opened his eyes and then jolted up.

"Where are we?" He asked. Raziel looked grim for a moment as the sun flooded into the room from the small window.

"I have no idea, they may of put us here after... I don't know, all I remember is passing out." Raziel then noticed his ankled were chained, as well as his wrists. Corey turned white as soon as he saw the chains on Raziel and him.

"What's wrong?" Raziel asked.

"Raziel... this is where they put people before.." Corey's voice was weak and cracky.

"Before what?" Raziel asked sharply.

"Before... execution. Raziel, they are going to kill us!" Corey yelled as he hustled to his feet. Raziel eyes grew wide and he looked panicky for a moment.

"For what?" Raziel asked. Corey was silent for a moment, but then it hit him.

"Raziel, that door we went through!" Corey exclaimed loudly.

"The door..." Raziel said, trying to pull back the fuzzy images from his mind, "We went through and... now things are hazy, as if we've been brainwashed."

"Exactly, apparently, whatever is inside there, they are trying to keep it from us." Corey pointed out. Raziel thought for a moment.

"What could be in there they don't want us to see?" Raziel asked.

"It could be a number of things," Corey said calming down slightly, "They could be doing things illegal, as in drug smuggling, dealing with terroists, or biological testing. Whatever it is, prisoners must be prohibited from it."

Raziel nodded slowly, "I see, but what I don't get is how they made us forget, or why cops would be involvled with any of those things you mentioned."

"Raziel, those aren't cops; their a bunch of crackpots who dedicated this useless lives to some falsehood authority! This was set up!" Corey was pratically screaming now, he hadn't realized this for the year he had been in the prison.

"Calm down!" Raziel shouted, "It's not like were in straightjackets, these chains are thin, I have a feeling together we can break them." Raziel grinned.

"How?" Corey asked.

"Simple, when friction occurs, an object becomes thinner and weaker, it gets weared down. So, if we rub the chains togetgher, we might have a shot at freeing ourselves from the chains, which would be useful, due to the complicated door." Raziel notioned his neck to the door which required someone to stick one foot in the middle of the door, and your hand beneath your foot, Raziel figured this out by the imprints in the door, which the idiot cops must of left.

Corey held his arms as wide out as he could and then Raziel went in under Corey's legs, and moved his wrists to make them vertical, while Corey's was horizantal.

"On my count," Raziel mumbled, "One... two... three... go!" He yelled as Corey dived, his chains made contact with Raziel's they both instantly snapped. "Yes!" Raziel yelled in triupmh as he adjusted his wrists to a comfortable position.

"Now, our legs will be a bit more complicated yet the same time; can you do a handstand?" Raziel said.

"Yeah, I'm really good at them." Said Corey, as he did one perfectly without even wobbling back and forth.

"All right, brace yourself..." Raziel said as he crouched down and jumped as high as he could. He landed above Corey's chains, and crashed down on them causing both their chains to snap. Raziel backed up, letting Corey stand back up.

"It worked!" Corey said with a smile.

"Yeah, we got a break. Now to open this door..." Raziel said as he walked up to it. He inserted his foot in it, and then put his hand in under his leg. The door lighted up and flashed two different colors slowly, and then Raziel removed his hand and foot. The door split open like an elevator, and looked like one too as Raziel and Corey went inside. There were four buttons once they got inside. One that said close, which Raziel hit to close the doors, and then the three others which may of led to different floors. One said "B" which probably meant basement, one said "One" which may of been the floor they were on, and then the other one said "Main" which was probably where all the cells were.

"Which one should I press?" Raziel asked.

"Press main." Corey replied as Raziel pressed main, as the button lit up, and then they felt as if the elevator was being dragged up. But, something didn't feel quite right as a loud noise triggered off, a snap like noise. Raziel immediatly knew what this was. This was the exact same way his father died, pain struck his heart.

"What was that?" Corey asked. Raziel didn't answer.

"Corey... this is urgent, can you shift into a parachute?" Raziel asked, his breathing growing thin.

"Yes, but why?" He asked.

"No time, just do it." Raziel said as he punched the ceiling of the elevator which caught on to the fading cable that Raziel could see. Corey was about to look up, but Raziel stopped him.

"No, just turn into a parachute..." Raziel mumbled as Corey did as he said and transformed. Raziel jumped as high as he could and grabbed on to the rope hanging from Corey, or in other words, the parachute. The parachute caught some wind from the intense speed of the dropping elevator, causing the two to take lift. When Raziel had floated up a bit, he planted both feet one the wall and used this to climb up, which was a long distance.

"Raziel, I should tell you that I don't know how long I can stay in this form." Corey said.

"If pain or something starts to come, just push it, our lives depend on it, unless you can transform into a propeller or something." Raziel stated.

"I'm afraid I can't." Corey replied as Raziel traveled further up the elevator shaft. Raziel took slower and bigger steps every minute, as if he were getting tired.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, this is pretty tough work." Raziel said as he began to pick up the pace a little. "Are you okay still?"

"Yeah, no signs of discomfort yet." Corey said.

"Good." Raziel felt sweat drip off his chin, this only made him go faster, he looked up, but he could see nothing do to Corey, who was spread out over him. Raziel slowed down, but then speeded up.

Corey suddenly began to breathe heavily, "Raziel... this is starting to make it hard to breathe.."

Raziel struggled to talk since he was so exhausted from climbing, "Just.. push it.. I'll... go faster." His voice was raspy and he began to climb as fast as he could, he lost footing a few times but Corey caught him, due to being a parachute. Raziel could feel a draft, which may of meant he was close. Raziel could feel his hamstrings tighten from the climbing trip, his lower legs felt slightly numb, this only pushed him harder.

"Freedom!" Corey screamed, which may of meant they had climbed up all the way, Raziel went faster and noticed he lost footing due to the walls disappearing, their climbing trip was over, Raziel spread his legs over the hole where the elevator was and Corey transformed back to his human state. Suddenly, three cops filled the room, two Raziel recognized, the other one he didn't.

"Well, if it isn't the rednecks.." Raziel smiled, he hadn't had a good fight for a while. One lunged at Raziel, the cop had a knife in hand, Raziel, who was standing in front of the empty elevator shaft, moved at the last second before the officer attempted to stabbed him, and then Raziel pushed him down the elevator shaft. The two officers quickly double teamed Corey, who was in no mood for a fight after being out of breath for being in a transformed state for so long.

Corey threw one into a wall and then punched one in the chest. The one he punched in the chest stublmed back and Raziel grabbed the cops collar, and then brought him to the ground. The cop who got thrown into a wall by Corey, stood back up and pulled out a pistol.

"Shit, a gun?" Raziel said as he backed up. Corey suddenly noticed two more cops enter the room. Corey rushed to both of them and drop kicked one of them in the stomach. Raziel dodged a bullet and then got shot in the shoulder. Raziel clenched his wound and splattered the blood in the cop's eyes.

"Aww shit!" The cop yelled as he covered his eyes. Raziel smiled in sucsess, but he was not prepared for what happened next. Corey was thrown into him and then several bullets hit his back, while the cop Raziel was facing blindly took a shot at Raziel, which hit his leg. Raziel screamed as he fell to the ground, soaked in blood. Corey opened his eyes and saw the gruesome site.

"Raziel!" He let out a battle cry as he kicked an officer in the chin, causing his entire face to distort, the chin must of bumped some of the structure of his face, but Corey did not care as he was in a blind rage. He headed towards the officer that was unarmed and delievered two kicks to his stomach, one to his head, and a punch to face. Before the cop fell over, Corey grabbed him by the back of his collar and litteratly flung him into the wall, which was accompanied by his spine popping through his head, causing a gruesome site to appear. Corey breathed heavily as he dropped to one knee and looked at the damage had created, but, he didn't care. He felt as if his friend was avenged properly.

Suddenly, the room's lights flickered on and off, quickly until the stayed on. Raziel arose from the blood puddle he was in. His eyes were entirley white, but then his pupil and iris found their way into his eye. Corey stared in disbelif, horror, and relief all at once.

"I am not dead." Raziel stated as he threw his shirt off, which was soaked in blood. His wounds, which now just looked like tiny cuts, all is wounds looked healed for the most part. Corey looked as if he was just asked a question that no one could answer, as he stared at Raziel.

"What are you, gay? Stop staring at me." Raziel smirked as he cracked his neck. Corey couldn't help but to crack a small smile, but then something else came to his mind; how did Raziel survive that beating?

"Raziel, how are you alive? And you acted differently when you first showed signs of life." Corey said, remembering how Raziel seemed like a monster when he had first rose from the ground.

"I acted... differently? I don't know why you thought that, but all I remember seeing was you staring at me as if you were in horror." Raziel replied, a little surprised by what Corey had saw.

"I'm serious; your pupil was gone and you talked in this weird voice, it was understandable, but it sounded like somebody reversed it, and then put it words that made sense." Corey said, struggling to get the long sentence out.

"Well, if I don't remember it, I'm sure it's not very important. Besides, if we want out of this hell hole, we better get moving." Raziel told Corey as he began to walk towards the door, but Corey stopped him. "What are you doing?" Raziel asked.

"Stopping you from getting killed! These guards setup security cameras, remember that thing about the lunches I told you? Well, if these cameras see us, they will shoot us." Corey explained.

"But why? Don't some of the criminals eventually walk through here?" Raziel asked, as if this camera thing sounded unjust.

"No, this place is actually prohibited to criminals, but since they do use the elevators, the security cameras aren't in the elevator lobby.” Corey told Raziel.

“So, how are we supposed to exit then genius?” Raziel said slightly annoyed. Corey sighed.

“I was getting to that,” Corey pointed to a window. Raziel nearly laughed as he saw what the shape-shifter was pointing to.

“Your telling me were supposed ‘criminals’ and you want us to jump from a window? Umm, well, don’t you think it would sound a little sucspicous for us to be jumping out a window from a prison?” Raziel reminded him. Corey lightly hit himself in the head, as if punishment for not thinking about that.

“Yes, I suppose your right. Well, we could try to avoid the lazers down the hallway.." Corey said. Raziel looked at him for a moment, thinking which choice was better. He knew that they were more than likely going to be put right back in the prison if they jumped out the window, but he also knew it would be very hard avoiding gun fire while running down a hallway. He decided he was going to take a risk.

"I choose the hallway." Raziel stated. Corey nodded and opened the door. "On my count of three, we'll go, okay?" Corey said and Raziel nodded.

"One..." Corey counted off as Raziel put his weight on his left foot and put his right foot behind him, ready to explode through the hallway.

"Two..." Corey counted again as he swallowed hard. Raziel licked his lips before Corey said the final number.

"Three...!" Corey screamed as they both took off through the hallway. Gattling guns revealed their way from the cealing and began rapidly firing. Raziel tumbled and scurried back to his feet, while Corey took a huge leap and turned into a paper airplane, causing him to move himself out of the range of fire from the gun. As Corey and Raziel were getting ready to stop, thinking the cost was clear, two more guns appeared from the corners of the ceiling. Corey felt a bullet graze up against his left wing, which in his human form, would be his left arm. Corey shifted back into his human self and tumbled into a side hall, as well as Raziel.

"Do you... hear that?" Raziel said nervously, and Corey slowly nodded as the sound of windows shattering and flames rushing through the hallway made them shake.

"Oh..." Raziel began as the sound got louder, "Shit!" Raziel could feel himself being blasted through countless walls and he could feel numerous things cut him in various places. Corey thought quickly and shifted himself into a brick, as he smashed through walls and didn't get hurt thanks to his brick body.

Finnaly, the two were blasted out a window in the back of the building, and they landed in the alley that Corey had set up his little club. They came in contact with the wall on the other side, and they both fell down on the couch. Raziel twitched slowly.

"Ouch..." He mumbled as he slowly staggered off the couch. Corey slowly lifted his feet on to the ground and stood up woozily. The two slowly worked their way out of the alley and down the sidewalks as free men again.

© Copyright 2006 X-Bug (UN: davey21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
X-Bug has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419039