*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419105-Just-Plain-Low-Down
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#419105 added April 13, 2006 at 7:22am
Restrictions: None
Just Plain Low-Down


Ex-Teacher Who Faked Cancer Pleads Guilty
http://www.wsbtv.com/education/8646958/detail.html


To call these kind of people snakes would be an insult to snakes. Snakes are meant to slither in the depths and eat things whole. These folk here, I don't know. Some people just have no conscience, no morals, and evidently not much sense. Both their stories, at some point, were designed to fall apart once the pregnant woman couldn't produce the septulets she was supposed to have, and the other didn't die of the cancer she claimed to have and was accepting donations to have treated.

When I think of all the people whose sense of trust has been violated and perhaps altered because of them, when I think of the generous pockets that might close to future, legitimate causes because of them, I could just scream.

In both of these stories, the bottom line was they did it so that they could pay bills that they had run up. The rest of us go to work and do the best that we can with the bills that we have. These folks chose to play on public sympathy, and as a result, have probably made the world a harder place than it already is. I wonder how many developing cynics out there were further hardened by these stories? I wonder how many people who contributed to these people will be reluctant to do so with someone else who may be in real need? I wonder what made the couple and the teacher go these routes in the first place?

I guess some people are just plain low down, and that's all there is to it.









© Copyright 2006 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/419105-Just-Plain-Low-Down