*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420107-If-I-new-then-what-I-know-now
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1091464
A list of journal entries about me
#420107 added April 17, 2006 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
If I new then, what I know now!


If I have learned anything from the many mistakes I've made(which I like to call life lessons), it's that you have to let people make their own decisions in life, even if you don't approve. Someone recently told me that maybe if I took the advice of others I would have not married my ex-husband. That person does not understand that getting married was the best and worst thing that ever happened to me.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I also believe that when you make a decision, it is the right decision for that moment. You don't go into marriage knowing you'll get divorced. You believe that it's forever and that whatever problems you have, you'll fix.

Because of my divorce, I've learned exactly what I want from life and from someone. I also know how immature I was when I got married and most importantly, how important marriage is. It's not just a wedding, it's a life with some else. Now, I know that there is not a perfect person and you will have problems with everyone. They may be different problems, but you will have to work at it if you want it to work.

If I knew then, what I know now, I'm not sure what I would have done. Would I get married? Would I get divorced? Would I try harder? Did I love him? Did I know what love was?

What I do know is that I'm glad that I made my own decisions. I think it made me a stronger person. You have to live with yourself and with the decisions you make in life. Although those around you care, they will never know what goes on behind closed doors.
It's a lot easier to give advice then to take it!

© Copyright 2006 littlefish (UN: regional at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
littlefish has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420107-If-I-new-then-what-I-know-now