*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420269-Got-the-Job
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#420269 added April 18, 2006 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Got the Job
back in january, i applied for a summer job teaching reading and writing skills to kids from second to seventh grade. my interview was this morning, finally, and while at the beginning she said she was still narrowing it down among several candidates, by the end she had offered me the job.

i'm rather pleased with myself. it's the little things, things like this (because it's no particular shock; i knew i'd get the job once we got this interview thing out of the way), that make me feel just a tiny bit better about being such a fuckup in other ways. i'm going to have a great time working with the kids, organizing their activities, et cetera.

supposedly i did a particularly nice job on the "hypothetical situations" part of the interview. she tried to attribute it to my instincts, or something, and i kept trying to tell her, no, i've worked with kids every year of my life since i was twelve, i've seen these situations play themselves out, i know what works and what doesn't work because i've tried it all. but, whatever, whatever gets me the job.

so i'll do that, and probably verizon as well, because i need to work longer than six weeks to earn any substantial amount of money, and to feel like i've had a productive summer. i'm looking forward to it, though.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420269-Got-the-Job