*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420537-Laneys-individual-state
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#420537 added April 21, 2006 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
Laney's individual state
The girls lost in the quarters. Laney was playing well – except her serve was erratic. Double faulting, followed by an ace followed by more double faulting. Throughout the entire tournament, her service return – she played the AD court was dead on the money. She almost always won the point. I’m proud of her. She’s never made it to the quarters in individual state before.

Next week’s matches look to be tough. We play a school w/ strong players. Every girl needs to be on her game if we want to make it past the first round. It’s single elimination and the possibility exists we go, play forty minutes and get kicked off the courts –made to leave, dragging our racquets and tennis bags behind us. But, our girls haven’t made it to team state in decades! Our presence this year is cause for celebration. It’s been years since the girls have sent a team to the team state event.

The girls are practicing everyday. The boy’s team has agreed to help them out. Today, they played matches. Tomorrow, they are set up more of the same. Everyone is hyped and ready to kick butt!

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/420537-Laneys-individual-state