*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421439-Proud-to-be-a-gentleman
by Fig
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #956453
Hope is here. By hope i mean university life.
#421439 added April 24, 2006 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Proud to be a gentleman
Hello to everyone in w.com and whoever else decides to check this out.

I'm writing today to talk about being a nice guy. For awhile i've debating the topic, 'Do Nice Guys Finish Last' and as weird as this may sound my answer is YES nice guys DO finish last in today's society.

Why you ask? Well, look around you! No girl wants a guy who would treat with her respect and love and adore her. Girls in today's society prefer the bad guy (check out post # 44 Understanding women take 3) and i still for the life of me can't understand why even after so much analyzing. That's just how people are. From what i have gathered though they are saying that they don't want a guy who would smother them and let them walk over them. I agree with those points, it can be annoying when someone loves you TOO much (i can't believe i just said that.. how can you possibly love someone too much? You can love too little yes, but in no way can you love too much in my opinion ) and having a pushover for a instead of a man i can see how that is unappealing.

Is chivalry a bad thing to practice? Before even answering this you should define what chivalry is. One of the meanings of chivalry is the code of behavior associated with medieval knighthood such as bravery, courtesy, honour, fidelity, and defence of the weak. I like that definition because it identifies qualities you should demonstrate towards your lady (the defence of the weak part i know some ladies would take offense to, but because your man defends you doesn't make you weak, it just shows that he's ready to protect you!). Another much more simpler definition of chivalry is courtesy towards women. Is chivalry wrong in today's society? Yes. Why? Because it makes you a pussy. No, I am NOT censoring what I am saying I don't care what w.com thinks because that's how the world is. If you open doors, pull out chairs, be courteous and respect a woman in today's society you're a pussy and to me that's just damn shit.

The question is though, do i care that i'm a pussy? Hell no! I don't care what society thinks. At heart i know what i am. I'm a genetleman. I'm not a thug or a gangsta, no i'm a nice guy. A guy who sees the best in ladies and is willing to try and get to know their personality rather than just get to know them for their physical attributes. I rather know i have a good personal link with a lady rather than just a physical one. Society today is generally stupid, i know this without a doubt. I have known this for quite awhile and more and more i see it getting gradually worse. Should i change my image to fit into society? At one point, about 2 years back i did. I stopped being a nice guy and began being an asshole towards girls. Surprisingly girls responded to that. After awhile though you began to notice a pattern in the girls, which i'll talk about in a little while. I did it for a little more than a year, then i stopped and i know now i will never allow myself to return to that lifestyle.

If a girl turns me down because i'm 'too nice' then she has to be stupid. Because how the hell could you turn down a guy willing to dedicate so much time and energy towards you? There are so much things i wanna say, but time doesn't permit me to. But, basically most girls nowadays don't have substance. They don't know what they want and when they have something that is truly worthwhile they waste it away. This is not some random guess, this is something i've been seeing happening since 5 years back which i've noted. All that i am saying here, this isn't just something i've noticed from observing for 1 day, this is something that has been going on for awhile which i was fully aware of. Now i'm just piecing together everything i've known and making my assumptions out of them. I would not want a girl who is just a shell, i need a girl who has a head on her shoulders and makes good decisions. I need a girl who could return the amount i love i can give. I need a 'nice' girl, but at the rate society is going maybe a 'nice' girl doesn't exist or maybe i haven't met her yet. Ok, i'm lying now i have met several nice girls and they DO exist, but they are in the minority compared to the others. But, in the end it all comes down to who you end up liking. Who knows, i could end up loving some crack-whore bitch and marry her, i can't predict my future, but i do know whwere my morals and standards are. And anyone who has read everything i've written in the past knows that. So, who knows what will happen 10 years from now. All i'm saying is that people need to wake up and realise what's going on. No longer do we praise respectfulness and courtesy, but instead we favour ruthlessness and roughancy. I'm just going to end this off by saying, 'I am proud to be a gentleman'

© Copyright 2006 Fig (UN: ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421439-Proud-to-be-a-gentleman