*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422050-Speaking-of-dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#422050 added April 27, 2006 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Speaking of dreams
I just read the latest installment of the Spiritual Newsletter:
( http://www2.writing.com/main/newsletters/action/archives/id/1004 ) and in it Love is a Mommy (no foolin) described a dream her mother had and the lessons she derived from it.

It reminded me of a short dream I had over twenty years ago that I still remember with perfect clarity, along with the message I discerned from it:

I drove along a winding mountain road in my dream (no pun intended) car at the time, a 1984 white Trans AM. Snow covered the road along with a mountain face on one side of the road and a steep cliff on the other. With so much snow, I could barely detect where the road was. Plus I had to drive carefully lest I lose control and crash into the mountain or dive off the cliff.

Jesus sat next to me, keeping His eyes on the road. Neither one of us spoke, but I did glance at Him once in a while trying to figure out why He would be there.

Watching Him instead of the road, the steering wheel jerked and skidding on the slippery road, I headed straight for the cliff.

Jesus calmly leaned over, grabbed the steering wheel and set me back on the road. I then took control of the wheel again, and resumed my drive.

Twice more this happened. Each time Jesus took the wheel and prevented a devastating crash.

Neither one of us said a word during the entire time. None were necessary, I think.


To this day, whenever I feel life is leading me toward a crash, I think of this dream and remember all I need to do is let Jesus take the wheel. He hasn't steered me wrong yet.

I’m curious.

Have you had a dream that sticks with you? If so, I’d love to know what it is, and what lessons, if any do you take from it?

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422050-Speaking-of-dreams