*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422573
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#422573 added April 30, 2006 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Drugs, Sex, and Mexico
Tell me why any country would legalize illicit drug use?

To my way of thinking this demonstrates a total disregard for the best interest of its citizenry.

Mexico Passes Law Making Possession of Some Drugs Legal
By JAMES C. McKINLEY Jr.
Published: April 29, 2006

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/29/world/americas/29mexico.html?ex=1146542400&en=...

Let’s just be real for a minute, and stop coddling drug users!

If Mexico wants to legalize drugs – Let’em!! But America needs to stop giving Mexico money, especially since its evident Mexico is not using the money we give them in OUR best interest.

Then again, Mexico maybe should be where we send all of our drug addicts. For every illegal Mexican in America, we should export one of our own worthless, non-contributing, drug addicted felons. Well, if nothing else that might just spur Mexico into enforcing their side of border controls.

Drug use destroys the lives of people that do drugs, as well as makes their families and friends complicit (accomplices, if you will) in a drug users criminal activity.

I’m sick and tired of hearing people say that marijuana use doesn’t hurt anyone – that’s just Bullshit. We all know someone who is ‘burnt’, don’t we? Often, these ‘burnt’ folks amuse us, but it’s really not funny.

Of course, the current mandatory sentences for drug users caught buying or selling drugs are filling up American prisons at an unprecedented rate. What does this accomplish, especially when the same drugs are finding their way into the same prisons?

If an individual wants to do drugs, then let’s encourage them to go to Mexico! That’s a plan. If Mexico wants to legalize drugs, then Mexico should have to deal with the consequences. And don’t ask me to provide more tax dollars to assist Mexico.

White collar or blue collar employees who are on drugs are a danger to society, regardless of what country they live in. I don’t want a Pharmacist with a drug problem filling my prescriptions, just like I don’t want a truck driver hauling heavy loads driving on the streets I take to go somewhere.

I don’t want to hear any more sad excuses why someone says they became a drug addict. It’s a choice. True, addiction may be influenced by genetics, but if that someone never decided to use drugs then genetics wouldn’t be a factor, would it? The first time a person decides to use drugs usually aren’t on drugs the first time they make a choice to use drugs.

I’ll be honest; I’ve had many opportunities to take illegal drugs. I look hard at the person doing the offering, and that is the first reason I don’t take the drug pushers offer, besides the drug being illegal. Most people I’ve known to use drugs are messed up – partly because they decided to do drugs instead of dealing with their problems. Life is often difficult and complex. People often look for an escape from problems in their lives – ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE NOT A SOLUTION. And sometimes, even legal drugs are not a solution.

When I’m faced with difficult decisions, the last thing I need is to find myself mentally or physically impaired. Yes, I know everyone is not like me, but that is still no excuse as far as I’m concerned to take illegal drugs.

What good comes from smoking marijuana? Tell me… I really want to know. Now, I not talking about medical marijuana that cancer patients use to ease the effects of chemo… I’m talking about perfectly physically healthy people who smoke marijuana for no other reason than they WANT TO…

What good does heroin, cocaine, LSD, hallucinogenic mushrooms, and peyote do? Tell me… I really want to know how someone can justify using LSD!

Now, I’ll be honest again… my views concerning amphetamines are a little twisted… that’s only because way back when I was just out of high school the diet doctors prescribed amphetamines… I didn’t know about the hazards of amphetamines and my whole group of fat friends and I would have house cleaning parties… literally… we’d have so much energy and get so much work done… and we’d lose weight too. But as soon as we lost the weight and stopped going to the diet doctor, wanna guess what happened?

The diet pills were legally obtained, but once I lost the weight and stopped taking the pills – just getting out of bed was an issue. I think that’s called ‘crash and burn’. That sucked… I got off that merry-go-round real quick.

Yes, the diet doctors could have, and probably should have talked to me about portion control and proper nutrition… but they didn’t. Today, those diet doctors are not as prevalent, and that’s a good thing. But back then those diet doctor clinics had lines out the door and half way around the block, and they certainly got rich… but it was me that stood in those lines and got my weekly fix until I wised up.

I have no tolerance for drug users and no sympathy either. Using drugs is a stupid choice – sometimes even using legally prescribed drugs is a stupid choice.

Using drugs is a poor solution, and leads to someone making poor choices. What poor choices someone might ask?

Well, when someone is under the influence of drugs (and that includes alcohol) and physically and mentally impaired while making life altering decisions… then their ability to decide who their going to sleep with is also impaired, and so is their decision and or ability to use birth control – thus creating even more problems, especially for a child born of drug using parents.

Society as a whole suffers from illegal drug use.

And I’m gonna save the rant I could write about televised legal drug commercials for another time…

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422573