*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422862-Not--Your-Typical-Obsession
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#422862 added May 1, 2006 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Not Your Typical Obsession
I'm obsessed with my upstairs neighbor whom I have serious issues with. Thankfully she has to be out of her apartment by the end of the month which will mean the end of ridiculous stomping (on hardwoord floors) and ridiculously loud music. For this I am quite happy about. But the thing is -I'm semi-obsessed with her every move.

Ever since she became a nuisance and I began constantly complaining to the property manager I had this habit when I came home from work at night to look up and see if she was there (I usually went by whether or not her lights were on). This has become something I do constantly and I am seriously trying to stop. Its like I have this need to know whether she is home or not.

When she isn't home I have peace and quite over head. At times I used to read or watch tv in peace, often forgetting that someone lived over the top of me. Lately though, if she's not home I find myself listening to see if she's come back, wondering if she moved out early, wondering if she is in the process of moving -just constant thoughts on what she's doing.

It bothers me that I spend ANY time at all even thinking about her. I mean seriously she is not a nice person. But that's the thing. Maybe she is a nice person and in another situation we'd have been great friends. This is what I do, sit and wonder who I could be friends with. Its sad really. (lol)

I know she must be addicted to drama because she is always loudly arguing, or telling someone what their problem is, or cussing, or laughing too damn loud or crying -yes I can hear her way to well which is the problem and the fact that she has no carpet (which is in the lease) and she operates at high volume.

She doesn't work and seems to have friends who don't work or talk a lot on the job because she is on the phone from early morning to late at night. I can't get her out of my head! This is someone who I have a temporary restraining order against. Not because of any real fear, but mainly to have paperwork to back me up and mostly to irritate her -which it did...I was privy to that loud phone conversation that included lots of tears.

Mind you she hasn't been AT ALL nice to me. In the beginning of this ordeal we tried to work it out amicably. Dave went up there a few times, where she happily invited him in and so forth (Dave is pretty cute) but ultimately I think she got pretty curious about me in a negative way. Unfortunately she is one of those girls who literally have instant problems with the next chick just because they might be pretty or they think that the girl thinks she's pretty (most of us should hopefully think we're cute) or any reason they come up with to instantly dislike you.

The moment I answered her banging on my door (definitely couldn't consider it knocking) she decided to be rude and loud from the jump. Just aggressive. I asked her why she had to come off so aggressive therin creating a problem before the previous issue could be resolved. Her response was, that was her persona. Whatever.

I just hope that after this entry maybe I won't be so obsessed -though I seriously doubt it. This really bothers me that I've become so focused on what she's doing up there and I hope I can get her out of my mind...we'll see by the end of the month...I'm thinking we might take her apartment once she leaves and then I never have to worry about who's doing what above my head again.

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422862-Not--Your-Typical-Obsession