*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423563-Ooops-I-Did-It-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#423563 added February 16, 2013 at 5:26am
Restrictions: None
Ooops I Did It Again
Felt quite a bit better yesterday so decided the girly day out was on. My son was having an operation on his knee, so I needed a distraction. So five ladies (I use the term loosely) set off on the afternoon train to Nottingham with the intention of looking for outfits to wear to Ascot in June. After tramping the shops, failing to find a thing and doing a lot of nattering and giggling we gave up and went to our favourite pub by the canal for an evening meal.

We'd already started on a couple of bottles of wine when we discovered we'd arrived too late and the pub had stopped serving food. So of course we had to finish the bottles before moving on.

At the next pub we ordered our meals and bought a couple more bottles of wine. The food was a long time coming, so we had to buy another couple of bottles to eat with our meals when they finally arrived. We realised we'd be too late to catch the last train by this time so decided to club together for a taxi. This gave us the excuse to stay a little longer and order a couple more bottles of wine. I think we came home in a taxi and I think I must have gone to bed because I was there when I woke up this morning. But I wished my head was on someone else's body. *Sick*

It's strange really as I felt fine last night; yet more evidence it's sleep that causes hangovers not alcohol.

So today I've tortured myself further by deciding to clean out the greenhouse. I used to use it a lot to grow bedding plants, but since hubby retired he's decided to take it over and the place is a filthy mess. So he spends all year creating the chaos in there, then I spend one day a year cleaning it all up. God help him if he spills one drop of compost in there tomorrow. *Pthb* Anyway, it's one horrible job out the way and I apologised to all the massive spiders I disturbed as I cleaned.

It's been the first lovely warm day in England this year too. Just right for the convalescing son with the swollen bandaged knee, who's been able to sit outside in the sun while his mother waits on him. Gawd, men and hangovers don't go together. Thunderstorms are forecast tomorrow - only in England could you get storms after one day of heat. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, rather like those bottles of wine.

But tonight it's back to the hot chocolate and early bed. Why are sensible things so boring? But then again I'm not sure I know the meaning of the word sensible. I do know all about hangovers though, it seems I'm still an expert despite being out of practice.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423563-Ooops-I-Did-It-Again