*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424033-Watching-Kamikazes
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1096753
Concerns about the inequality of being an independent woman.
#424033 added May 7, 2006 at 5:42am
Restrictions: None
Watching Kamikazes
Have you ever had to stand by and watch a person self destruct?
When intervention is rebuffed and any suggestion seen as criticism, it is a hard thing to observe, and quite painful to feel.
I am talking about those friends who seem determind to drink or smoke themselves to death. Its like watching a junkie, who injects a quick fix poison and deteriorates before your very eyes. They know what they are doing, but will not stop.
If you join them you collude, and if you challenge them you are not a true friend.
To help them is to stop them, and in their eyes that is no help at all. They will hate you for caring and probably reject you with bitter arguments and anger.
So, to stand and watch them kamikaze, is like watching a piece of your heart being chopped up like cheap liver.
Like holding out your hand to recieve the lashing of a belt, and know that it is hurting the beater more.
Such a strange feeling.
Understanding and hiding behind smiles, like the sting of an acerbic custard pie a clown wipes from his eyes as they walk away, their painted red mouth hiding a silent scream.
How much strength of character and risk does it take to say, 'STOP' shut up and listen!'
Rattle those shoulders as you shake some truth in, as it is painfully clear kind words and understanding does not work.
Who would risk a dear friendship?
Perhaps a true friend?

Playbacker

© Copyright 2006 Playbacker (UN: playbacker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Playbacker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424033-Watching-Kamikazes