*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427461-Sherri-L-Gibson
Rated: XGC · Book · Western · #1109183
The first of a fictional western trilogy
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#427461 added June 7, 2007 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Sherri L. Gibson

An Indian! A real honest to goodness Indian...was the first thought that crossed young Trent Walker's mind when he first encountered the young and arrogant Lakota Blazing Star by the Missouri riverbank in the 1800's. Their encounter swiftly progresses to what becomes a powerful camamraderie, but only once the two boys agree to keep that friendship a well guarded secret due to the prejudices their people feel for one another. But that isn't the only problem the two encounter as they strive for mutual peace. Trent and Blazing Star's bond is threatened when Walker becomes a U.S. cavalryman in an effort to glean information that might enable he and Blazing Star to capture their dream of peace, and is betrayed by his people while on an attack of the Ogalala on the Powder River that proves to be disastrous to he and his Lakota comrade's camaraderie. "Follow your heart, it will lead to salvation"...words that Trent and Blazing Star find difficult to believe as they are faced with one hardship after another in the endeavor to capture their dreams. Will their friendship survive such trials and tribulations?

© Copyright 2007 SHERRI GIBSON (UN: sherrigibson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SHERRI GIBSON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/427461-Sherri-L-Gibson