*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428210-What-we-have-here-is-a-failure-to-titillate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#428210 added May 25, 2006 at 8:35am
Restrictions: None
What we have here is a failure to titillate
FYI. Following is not a completely serious blog entry!

Now if I’m to judge the number of comments per blog entry and say the higher the number, the more interesting the entry, I’d say yesterday’s entry was as dull as you could get.

Now before I go any further, I’m not upset or even surprised. My entry received the amount of attention it deserved. It just happened to be what was on my mind at the time, and I didn’t want to write nothing. I also had a feeling my entire day would end up just as boring, so why wait and torture myself with the lack of possibilities? Just goes to show I can’t be interesting all the time, even to myself. I kept the entry short, not because I didn’t want to drag you through a lengthy and boring entry, but so I wouldn’t put myself to sleep.

See what a favor I did for you? Aren’t you thankful?

I don’t promise to make things any more interesting today, but I’ll give it a try.

I’ve been thinking about words.

Really? I hear you thinking. A writer thinking about words? Oh, please illuminate me!

So far, the number of sentences in this entry beginning with “I” or a variation thereof adds to five. The number of times I used “I” (yes, even counting this sentence) comes to nineteen.

Out of 225 words, that’s 8.5%, or once every 12 words. That doesn’t include ‘me’, ‘my’ or ‘myself.’

Would you call me egotistical because I apparently love to talk about me day after day?

Perhaps, but I do get tired of the subject of me. Perhaps yesterday’s entry was a clue I’ve reached the end of . . . me.

What will I talk about instead?

Please keep tuning in to discover what on earth that might be!

I know I will, because right now I don’t have a clue! (Wow, three “I”s in one sentence! Could that be a record?)

. . . .

What?

You’re expecting more?

Get out of here and read something worthy of your attention! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428210-What-we-have-here-is-a-failure-to-titillate