*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430169-I-got-a-job
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#430169 added June 1, 2006 at 5:43pm
Restrictions: None
I got a job!
Here’s the good news… I found a job, yay! Which means I don’t have to go home for the summer. About 2 days after my last entry, I had a lady call me from Kroger (grocery store for those of you who might not know.) She asked me if I could come in for an interview… I did and got hired right after the interview. I started with paper work on Tuesday and went in for my first day on Wednesday. So, I’ve been there about a week and a half.

Now in order for me to take this job, Manda had to quit the one she’d been hired for. That really made me feel like crap… however, a few days later, she got hired at the same place as me. So that’s good.

Btw, I now understand something more than ever. I’d never got how my parents couldn’t be upset at me when I’d done certain things until last Thursday. Manda had to go back for an interview at 2:30, I had to go in to work at noon. Rather than have her wait around 2 hours for her interview, she was going to call a taxi. Now, if she needed to, I told her she could borrow my car. Well, she wasn’t able to get anyone at the taxi services. So, she had to take my car. She’s a lil nervous, but a good driver. Now, she made sure no one was coming, but in doing that, she didn’t pay as much attention to the light pole that’s beside where my car stays parked.

So, she calls me at work, she’s hysterical. I get her to calm down, tell me what’s happened. And I end up going to go see what’s going on and such. I’m gone for maybe 15 minutes. But… I love my car, etc., and such… you’d think, most people would think, that I’d be furious… no. I was just really glad that she hit the pole and not another car. Especially not another car out on the highway somewhere… and that she was ok. That’s all that mattered. The other, yea, it looks bad, but the car was fine otherwise. The car is a material possession… it’s nothing more than that.

Now, for bad news…. In addition to the car, the AC window unit has went out. So, I’m currently sitting in an area that is, according to one themometer 84 degress, actually, to both. I’m not really sure what to do. If I let the air run, it’ll run all day and never stop, which can’t be good for the unit and definitely won’t be good for the electric bill. However, I fear telling my father. Afterall, he makes me feel like s*** everytime he comes down here. Because he can never come down here and just relax. Plus, if I mention the AC, that’s more money they have to spend. And no, it’s not my fault, but a lot of the crap last time wasn’t either. It didn’t seem to matter then and it won’t matter now, I bet.

Good news… I get a paycheck tomorrow… and I’ll get to open my own bank account. Why is this good news? I’m picking one of the banks that doesn’t have a branch at home so my mom can’t lie to me and go through and check how much I’ve spent.

Heh, they came down for memorial weekend. As soon as my father came in, he started asking me if I ever cleaned…. Helluva question to be asked after I’d spent the evening before and most of that morning cleaning. Then he goes through fussing about all the things he’d have to do. The grass KINDA needed to be cut and yes, I needed somehelp with the AC unit in the car….but I couldn’t have done that, then through him fixing the AC unit in the car, he screwed something else up because he got mad. So, yeah, while he was fixing the AC, I cut the grass so it wouldn’t be one more thing he just HAD to do.

So, because of him acting like this, and me getting upset within the first 15 minutes (at most) that they were here, my mom asked me if I just wanted them to turn around and go home.

I said yes.

She looked somewhat shocked. “Yes. If the entire weekend is going to be like this, if he’s going to be like this, then yes, I want you to go back home.” “Well, do you want me to help?” “No. That’ll make it look like I have to have you help in order to keep it up to his standards.”

Okies… I’m gonna go check and see about getting another fan… maybe increasing the air flow a little more will help the place cool down faster.


© Copyright 2006 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430169-I-got-a-job