*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430845-Thumb-Talk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#430845 added June 8, 2006 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
Thumb Talk
Well hi there. Fancy meeting you here. Thanks for dropping in. Prehaps you'd like to talk instead of listening to me prattle on and on? Go on. Don't be shy. I'm all ears...
























Hmmm. It appears you're not ready to have the spotlight solely on you. Ok then. How about we do this as a team? You mention a topic and I'll try to astound you with my wit and insights.

Fungus

Fungus? Your first topic is fungus? *Confused* I must say I'm embarrassed to admit I'm sadly lacking in fungus expertise. As I pointed out in my happy list a couple of journal entries back, I'm not even sure what's the difference between a mushroom and a toadstool is. How pathetic is that? Can you hang on a sec while I Google something to redeem myself? I'll be right back.






Okay, I'm back. Apparently there really isn't much difference between the two except toadstools tend to refer to the poisonous varieties while mushrooms tend to be more magical. I didn't realize there were little mushroom wizards out there. Ever neat. Next topic please.

Religion

Oooo. Okay then here's a thought. Aren't churches that excommunicate someone admitting defeat? "This one is sooooooo far gone we give up. We wash our hands of them." I also wonder if there are any religions out there that refuse to let you quit once you're a member? And what's the difference between a religion and a cult? Does it all come down to size? How many members are enrolled? I suppose drinking poison Kool Aid would be an indication you're in a cult instead of a religion. And what about the Salem witchtrails? (They didn't only occur in Salem) If you survived their "trails" you were a witch but if you died you were innocent. Is it just me or does anyone else think that's screwed up? It's scary when you realize how stupid our ancestors were sometimes. Makes me wonder how we managed to get here. I hope there were penalties for wrongly accussing someone of witchcraft at least, othewrwise cranky old farts must have had a field day shouting "Witch" at anyone who pissed them off. And these peopwe weft the owd wowwd because of wewigious pewsecution. Oooooo I can feew mysewf getting wowked up just wike Ewmew Fudd. Best change the topic.

Bees

Bees? As in honeybees or spelling bees? Honeybees. Okay then. I wonder what honeybees do when it's pouring outside for hours or days on end. I take it they don't fly in the rain, so do they all huddle around together in the hive waiting for it to stop? And if it does let up, do they all pile outside and then come rushing back if it starts up again? And what about at bedtime? I'm guessing bees don't fly after dark but do all bees try to make it back to the hive before night or do some just not care? How would we know? Even if you could tag each and every bee how would you know which chose to stay out late and which didn't come back because they were stuck in spider webs or splattered on car windshields? I wonder if bees bother to give themselves names or even a number. It's sad to think every night countless little honeybees don't make it back home and no one even notices. Okay, I'd like a new topic, but something more upbeat than honeybees please.

Fossils

Fossils are upbeat? I used to be fascinated by fossils when I was a kid. In fact I used to say "archeoligist" when people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. (I didn't realize "Paleontologist" was the proper term) I once found a fossil shell which I thought was rather special. It was among other shells but this one was split open revealling various fossilized internal organs and structures. Very interesting. I also once found a stone I felt was an ancient hand ax, (not a fossil but let's not get picky). I'm sure it was manmade as I can see various "chip marks" all over it, many at regular intervals and others in opposite alignments to each other. The "ax" fits snuggly into my hand and even has a notch "craved" out to accomodate my thumb. There's a sharp "cutting ridge" all the way along the top while the other sides are virtually smooth. I took it into our provincial museum to have it evaluated by experts and was told it was a rock once used as ballast in a ship. I don't agree as I feel the various marks and sharp edge were man made for the purpose of cutting or scrapping...but enough about fossils. New topic please.

Earliest memory

I think one of my earliest memories, (I was a preschooler), was of my brother and I dropping our toys out our bedroom window. I don't have a clue why we were throwing all our toys out the window, only that it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Boxers or briefs

Ooooooo aren't you the nosey type. Don't tell me you're actually interested. (Funny but this was the same question the museum guy asked me too) I'll tell you what I told him...Witch! Witch WITCH! (Shouting "Witch!" has gotten me out of some very sticky situations over the years)

First time

Hmmm...I really don't have a clue what your first time was or who it was with but I can tell by that smirk on your face you still remember.

Favourite animal

Okay...that's just sick. You've making me feel awkward now. I've had enough. Witch! Witch WITCH!









"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

*Right*Check This Out*Right* "The Amazing Race Club *Left*Check This Out*Left*

© Copyright 2006 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430845-Thumb-Talk