*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431067
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#431067 added June 5, 2006 at 9:57am
Restrictions: None
Haditha
OH, once again this is another example of what should not be tried in the court of public opinion, damn it!!!

Unless a man or woman has served in combat, specially in Iraq, what they think DOES NOT MATTER. What happened in Haditha is not the result of the actions of a few "bad apples".

There are definitive reasons why such tragic incidents happen during war, with the first and foremost cause being specifically 'the failure of leadership.'

IF you truely want to know why what happened in Haditha happened - start at the TOP, or at the beginning.

No, I do not believe there is any justification for what happened in Haditha, but I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the responsibility for what happened in Haditha does not just rest on 'a few bad apples'.

Would I vote to convict the Marines involved in the killings at Haditha? NO I WOULD NOT!



Ask any experienced military officer how horrific incidents like what happened at Haditha happen, and if the military officer you ask is honest he will say - it is a total failure of leadership. How do I know this - I've asked and I've listened!

I believe that there is technology available to detect the IED's (Improvised Explosive Device). No, my belief is not based on specific knowledge of specific technology, but take a moment to just think about it... and then tell me we don't have some kind of technology that could detect crude roadside bombs?

I'd be willing to bet the technology to detect these IED's is probably not that expensive. How much you want to bet some government number cruncher somewhere has weighted the projected lost of life against the cost of implementing and using said technology, and decided "it's not cost effective."

Remember this statement:

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time."

-- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld,
Source:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A132-2004Dec14.html

God forgive me, but I believe everything that could be done to prevent the killing of our American troops is NOT BEING DONE.




© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431067