*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431697-The-Pop-Star
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#431697 added December 28, 2008 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
The Pop Star
Written for the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
Prompt: Your character becomes famous overnight. Detail how this has happened and how s/he feels about sudden fame.

__________


Talk about being in the wrong place at the right time.

Jonathan was sandwiched between a publicist and a personal assistant, both rattling on cell phones at a mile-a-minute. Sitting across from him in the limousine, was his lawyer and financial adviser, both looking rather perplexed.

Jonathan wondered if he ought to tell them the truth. But hell, the past 24 hours was like something out of a movie. He couldn’t believe his luck.

All he had done was taken a different route from school yesterday afternoon. He had no sooner taken two steps into the famed avenue when a limousine pulled up and he was yanked in, smothered over by worried bodyguards and a babe so hot, he wouldn’t have imagined dating someone like her in a million years.

Apparently, he was supposed to be some pop idol, Jake Summers, whose recent single had debuted at #1 on the charts. Jonathan, who preferred rock music, almost gagged at the song as it came on the radio. But he had put up the act, allowing himself to be whisked to ‘his’ mansion where he was pampered with everything he could possibly want.

Oh yeah, he did call his parents to let them know he was all right. Wouldn’t do to have them worrying.

However, it seemed like he wouldn’t have to do much explaining as the limousine came to a sudden stop and the four adults stared at him with looks of disbelief.

“You’re not Jake!” the publicist screamed.

“No, duh,” came the reply as he helped himself to a box of chocolates. His mom would like some of these. “Ah, and could you drop me off at Liberty High? I’m already late for school. Thanks!”

He just couldn’t wait to tell his friends about his night as a celebrity.


Word Count: 300

© Copyright 2008 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431697-The-Pop-Star