*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431790-Chapter-Four-Meeting-Herself
Rated: GC · Book · Sci-fi · #1111813
What if you could go back and change things? Would you?
#431790 added June 7, 2006 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Four: Meeting Herself
She stood before the twelve-year-old version of herself in total shock. Naturally, being about one hundred pounds heavier and almost 20 years older, her younger self didn't recognize her. All she could see was some strange woman snooping around her garage.

"Who are you, what are you doing here?" Young Claire demanded.

Claire thought fast. What could she say? She didn't want the cops called. This was all very confusing. Her younger self was getting impatient and she knew she had to think fast.

"Hi, my name is Catherine. I'm looking for my cat, she got away and I thought I saw her run up this way."

"Oh. Where do you live?"

"I live over on Warren Court. I've been chasing that crazy cat all over the valley!" Claire laughed, nervously.

"What does she look like? I'll help you find her."

"Oh, she's black and white...with white on her toes," Claire thought fast. "Her name is Boots."

"She sounds cute. If I see her, I'll bring her to you, if you want. What's your address?"

"Uh, 33."

"Ok, well it was nice meeting you. I have to go in and get ready for my church youth group now." Young Claire held out her hand.

Without thinking, Claire reached out and shook the hand of her younger self. A strange wave of dizziness overcame her and everything went black.

When she opened her eyes a few seconds later, she realized she was still standing in the driveway. Her younger self was nowhere in sight. Feeling very confused, she hesitated. What now?

Then, she looked down. "Oh my GOD!"

© Copyright 2006 Grandma Penguin needs help (UN: mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Grandma Penguin needs help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431790-Chapter-Four-Meeting-Herself