*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431917
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#431917 added June 8, 2006 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
Signing Statements
Before George Bush became President of the United States of America, I always believed that the president's job was to represented America.

In a democracy, presidents are elected - but with all the unprecidented legal challenges surrounding Bush when he became president, or was appointed (based on what you believe happened in Florida) have proven the long-standing standard method of electing a President has changed -drastically. AND NOT FOR THE BETTER, either.

The Problem with Presidential Signing Statements: Their Use and Misuse by the Bush Administration
By JOHN W. DEAN
Friday, Jan. 13, 2006
----
http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/20060113.html

While it's well known that other president's have used 'signing statements' - none have done so to the extent and with intentional purpose that Bush has.

The problem, as I see it, is that Bush does not consider himself our REPRESENTATIVE or our LEADER, but instead sees himself as our RULER.

Bush holds himself to be above the law of our land - The Constitution.

But I don't just blame Bush - it's also a fact our elected Senators and Congressmen have failed us - in reigning in a President who thinks he is a KING.

The bottom line - when people say it's just Politics - I believe they're are saying, "It's all about the money."

The buzz word now is - 'disconnect'. Most media outlets are saying our governmental representatives are disconneted from the wants and needs of the general American public. Duh?

The rich and powerful elected representatives of America have forgotten their place in the American Governmental process. It is high time Americans reminded them of the job they were, or have been elected to do, don't you think?

Here is a novel example:
http://www.send-a-brick.com/project.htm












© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431917