*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432426-Coffee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#432426 added June 10, 2006 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
Coffee!!!???
Sometimes I really long for the days when there was limited or no information available unless you really went hunting for it. Now, I'll be the first to admit that technology is generally wonderful... but sometimes too much information has its drawbacks.

I love coffee. I didn't always love coffee, but then I married a man who loved coffee, and now we share a common love of coffee. How nice!

Luckily we like plain, ordinary, regular everyday coffee. He takes his black, and I like mine with sugar and cream. We don't ever go to the local Starbucks or other local coffee houses that have cropped up just about every where. We make and drink our morning 'Cups of Joe' at home, and in my opinion that is the way it should be - but I'd never dare to impose what I believe on anyone else.

Now this morning I read the following:

Coffee in its "purest" form has no fat and no calories whatsoever. But here come the shockers:

Two tablespoons of flavored nondairy creamer (liquid) adds 80 calories and four grams of fat (as much as a pat of butter).

Two tablespoons of flavored syrup adds 80 calories, but no fat.

One tablespoon of cream adds 50 calories and six grams of fat.

One tablespoon of liquid plain nondairy creamer has 25 calories and two grams of fat.

One tablespoon of half-and-half has 20 calories and two grams of fat.

Cappuccino (espresso, steamed milk, foamed milk) has seven grams of fat and 137 calories when whole milk is used; four grams of fat and 109 calories with low-fat milk; just under a half gram of fat and 80 calories with fat-free milk.

Coffee latte (espresso and steamed milk) has 212 calories and nine grams of fat when whole milk is used; 167 calories and six grams of fat with low-fat milk; 123 calories and 0.6 grams fat with fat-free milk.

Coffee mocha with whole milk (espresso, cocoa, steamed milk) has 340 calories and 20 grams of fat with whipped cream; 260 calories with six grams of fat without whipped cream.

Coffee mocha with low-fat milk has 302 calories and 16 grams of fat with whipped cream; 220 calories and six grams of fat minus whipped cream.

Coffee mocha with fat-free milk has 264 calories and 11 grams of fat with whipped cream and 182 calories; two grams of fat without whipped cream.


*******


Arraaggh!!!! The Fat & Calorie police are at it again. Somebody has to pay somebody else to research the above information. Why? Oh God, Why?

Seems no stone is left unturned in the never-ending quest for knowledge.

So, now I'm told my coffee is making me fat. Damn!!! I could have lived the rest of my entire life without this knowledge, and been very content to do so, too.

I don't talk on my cell phone while driving.

I obey speed limits.

I drive defensively, and refuse to allow myself to indulge in Road Rage - even when justly deserved.

I pay my taxes.

But now enough is enough... Leave me alone about my coffee, and why do these 'do-gooders' feel they have a right to try to convince me my coffee is making me fat.

I want, no - I need to indulge in my daily dose of coffee without feeling guilty. I delight in sharing warm, loving conversations everyday with my husband over coffee every morning. I refuse to be concerned over these FAT findings.

Just thought I share some of the daily grief I encounter along life's journey.

Coffee anyone?



© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432426-Coffee