*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432543
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1117530
Follow the life of a girl as she becomes a woman. Each glorious moment of love and loss.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#432543 added June 20, 2006 at 4:32pm
Restrictions: None
One
         Sitting in my bedroom that morning, applying lotion after getting out of the shower, my thoughts were on the previous summer. It hurt to think how everything in my life had changed in such a short amount of time.

         Last summer had been so perfect. I had made, what I had thought were life long friends. At the time it never occurred to me that things would change. We had been inseparable, spending every waking moment of our days together, even some nights.

         It was my first experience with true friendship and I relished every moment of it. We did all the crazy things that teenagers do, but the most enjoyable moments were spent sitting in my living room watching music videos and laughing at each other.

         All that ended the day Kenny failed to show up. It was as if; when he left everyone forgot how to act. We had been a unit and with one of us missing, we no longer fit together properly. So we drifted apart and now, a year later, we barely spoke to each other.

         I hardly even spoke to my best friend, Cathy, anymore, and we had been friends since the first grade. This particular separation in friendship had to do with more than just the end of the previous summer though.

         I had attempted to kill myself a few months back and that had upset Cathy to the point of distancing herself. After that incident I went to my grandmother’s house for two months.

         That little vacation did not help matters much in regards to my friends. After being put in the hospital and then going off to my grandmothers, I had been gone so long that my friends had all moved on and I was left behind.

         I tried to make the most out of my new situation by making some new friends but, things just weren’t the same. I couldn’t seem to find the place that I fit anymore.

         So, here I sit, at six o’clock in the morning getting ready to go see a guy that I met at the carnival the night before, still wondering why things had to change.


© Copyright 2006 A. Scobee (UN: aprilscobee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A. Scobee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432543