*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433839
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#433839 added June 16, 2006 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Bush Justice: Gee Thanks Sandra Day O'Connor
There are some misguided people who believe that if persons are not doing anything criminal then they'd have nothing to fear from the police.

It's nice to be so naive, but it's very dangerous to be so naive, too.

Then, there are those of us who have done nothing criminal and still have experienced what it's like to be violated by police action.

By James Vicini | June 15, 2006

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A sharply divided U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that evidence could be used even when the police entered a suspect's home illegally by failing to knock on the door or announce their presence.



The latest Supreme Court ruling concerning the up until now Constitutional Right to Privacy in your own home...(see Fourth Amendment: Specifically - Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.)

Bush's Supreme Court Appointees are doing just what Bush planned for them to do - Turn America into a Police State. This is just one more example of what should be called "Bush's Undoing of America".

Bush has trampled the Constitution in his quest for power, and his desire to RULE instead of represent. Lest We Forget, and need to be reminded the Presidential Oath of Office requires a President to swear to Protect the Constitution. Bush must have used a signing statement that said, "IF I don't like it, I can change it." And so he has...

Our forefathers knew why there needed to be a Constitutional Amendment that prevented HOME INVASION by the government.

Police are part of the network of government. All police are not automatically angels or saints - and police power and tactics need to be checked and balanced.

America - WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!


The New York Times
Editorial
The Don't-Bother-to-Knock Rule


http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/16/opinion/16fri1.html?ex=1308110400&en=95693c4dc...

People... common sense dictates that the Police know who the criminals are and what they're doing, including where real criminals are doing it. It is not necessary to diminish the Constitutional Rights of an entire Nation to catch criminals.

HA! There are those who would have us believe the threat of a Civil Suit will deter police and other police-like agencies (think CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, ATF... to name a few) from violating Constitutional Rights. It's often been said (and NO I don't know by who), "The wheels of justice grind slowly." Let me assure all of you of something else... it is very expensive to prove your innocents if wrongly charged with a crime, and even more expensive to prove your Constitutional Rights have been violated.

What does this reference to cost mean? Duh - evidently "All men are not created equal, or treated equally under the law." People - when you are truely innocent THAT IS WHEN YOU NEED THE BEST ATTORNEY MONEY CAN BUY!

Think about this: If it had been you that crashed your car into the barrier wall in Washington, would the police have simply given you a ride home?

"Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication," Kennedy said.

He says police told him to park his car and drove him home.

...According to Rollcall.com, Baird -- acting chairman of the Capitol Police Fraternal Order of Police –- said Kennedy’s Mustang had its lights off when it narrowly missed crashing into a police cruiser and smashed into a security barrier.


Evidently the rules are not applied equally across the board by POLICE, and neither will long held rights once provided by the Constitution.

Also in a country that now allows an individual to be spirited away to foreign secret prisons that are well versed in torture, or held at GITMO for years without legal representation - Do you still feel safe? Well, you shouldn't.

Oh, you believe you won't ever have a problem because you haven't done anything wrong... well what if the 'powers-that-be' believe you have?

Everytime a Constitutional Right bites the dust - Freedom, Justice, and the America Way are fast becoming nothing more than another urban myth, or fairy tale.

Does anyone else have a problem with this? YOU SHOULD...


Reference:
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/bill_of_rights_tra...

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433839