*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434139-A-little-gratitude
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#434139 added June 17, 2006 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
A little gratitude
When I first signed up with writing.com, I found myself overwhelmed by it's volume. It had so much to offer, I often wondered if I would get lost, never again finding my starting point.

But I didn't give up. I kept searching, discovering places and people more than willing to give me a helping hand. Then as I involved myself more, I started digging into how this place works, not just what I could add, read and participate in.

A few days ago, I decided to put an "Idiot's Guide to WDC" folder with how-to articles on things I've learned about WDC. This is mostly for me, because if I don't use a certain feature enough, I tend to forget how to do it. Then, people are always asking questions on how to do things, and it's in my nature to want to answer. Though WDC provides excellent help with many of its features, sometimes graphics work better. For me, they do anyway. In assembling articles with graphics, I discovered just how brilliant those who created and maintain this site are.

Bored and surfing the site, I decided to check out The StoryMistress 's portfolio. The first item listed was
Dear StoryMaster...  (E)
My personal thanks to the StoryMaster, creator of this wonderful place.
#212667 by The StoryMistress


It made me realize the effort The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress expend in keeping this site a place so many of us can't seem to leave.

It's many times a thankless job, running a website. They work behind the scenes, receiving more complaints than compliments, and yet they trudge along, out of the love of the written word and the desire to see writers and other artists, young and old, published and unpublished, experienced and inexperienced succeed in their dreams.

While I can't express any better The StoryMistress did in her letter, this is my way of expressing my gratitude for what those two do for us.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434139-A-little-gratitude