*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434260
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#434260 added June 17, 2006 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Just Between Us
Written for the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
Prompt: A man gets trapped in an elevator with his ex-wife's "perfect" new boyfriend.
___________

Running late! Running late! Hold the damn door for me! Phew! Just in time.

“Hey, man, thanks…”

“No problem. Pleasure’s all mine.”

That megawatt smile. That cologne. The first time I smelled it was three months ago. It had sparked the final and most heated argument between Belinda and me – one that led to our quick and bitter divorce. Of course you could say other things had led up to that, but I have to thank Mr. Wonderful here for being the final straw.

To think I’d be standing in this cramped space with the son-of-a-bitch is enough to make me claustrophobic. Dear God! Isn’t this elevator going to come to a stop? I don’t care what floor just –

“Have I seen your face somewhere?” he suddenly asks, still smiling like he’s just won the jackpot. Sure he has. He’s got the only woman I ever loved in those well-manicured hands of his.

“No.”

“Oh.” He nods and begins to hum some song that’s popular with the teens these days. I can’t believe Belinda actually likes this guy.

“Actually, I think I do know.” He snaps his fingers. “Belinda’s ex!”

Yay. Someone give this guy a medal for having the intuition of a three-year-old.

“She’s great, you know.”

Of course she is! I married her, didn’t I? I don’t need you telling me that!

He sighs and runs fingers through his bleached blond hair. “I just wish I could find the guts to tell her that I’m bi.”

Wait…what?! He’s…bisexual?! That would explain a few…oddities.

The door opens and he dares to give me a wink. “My floor. Let’s just keep this a secret between us, ‘kay?”

Oh, you bet your secret is safe with me…for at least five minutes, because hearing Belinda pitch a fit is going to be music to my ears.


Word Count: 300







© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434260