*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434959
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1117530
Follow the life of a girl as she becomes a woman. Each glorious moment of love and loss.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#434959 added June 20, 2006 at 4:37pm
Restrictions: None
Three
         Once I had returned to the fairgrounds there was little to do but, wait. I sat, leaning against a fence for a couple hours, with the sun beating down on me as I watch Chad finish tarring down the ride.

         I was spacing off when, from the corner of my eye I spotted a man approaching Chad. As they spoke they turned and looked over at me and tendrils of fear wrapped around my heart. After a couple more minutes the gentleman walked away and Chad started walking towards me. I was frozen with fear until he leaned down giving me another lovely kiss and said, “That guy’s name is Todd and he said we could catch a ride to the next town with him. He will pick us up at five o’clock”.

         “Sounds good to me” I said. To myself, I thought, Thank God! I will be an hour out of town before my mother figures out what I have done.

         “I have to get back to work, so we can get out of here on time” He smile and turned back to the ride.

         I called out to him, “ I am going to run over to the restrooms, I’ll be back in a couple minutes” he smile and nodded and I started across the grassy field that, just last night, had been filled with people waiting in line for rides, games and food.

         I was so caught up in my thoughts about what I was doing that the sound of a semi trucks’ air horn just about made me jump out of my skin.

         I stood frozen, trying frantically to regain my composure. Once I had refocused my brain, I turned my head slowly to the right and came face to face with the grill of a bright red cab over. As I stared at it, I wondered exactly how in the world it had gotten so close to me, without my even hearing it.

         Slowly I raised my eyes and saw the man who had been speaking to Chad. He was leaning over the steering wheel motioning me to come around to the driver side window.

         I walked around and looked up at this man, who was smiling down at me, as he said, “Gee you sure are purty”.

         “What?” I said, feeling quite irritated because this was the second time in ten minutes that he had put the fear of God in me and because he had the most charming southern accent and I was really caught off guard by the compliment.

         “My name is Todd, be ready at five, I am giving you and Chad a ride to the next town” He said as he tipped his head to me, flashed another charming smile and pulled away.

         What an ass, I thought.

© Copyright 2006 A. Scobee (UN: aprilscobee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A. Scobee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434959