*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435139-Hmmm
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#435139 added September 13, 2006 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
Hmmm...
Well, I was offered the job at Dr. S's lab and have put in my notice with my current boss. The last week of July, my tenure with this God-forsaken department will end. I have to say he took it very well...a little too well almost. He didn't seem that worried about it, and even said I could take some time off before starting my new job.

I am also to teach my remaining lab mate the protocols and intricacies of my project. I feel pretty bad for her. She has here MD and just wants to study for her boards and get into a residency program in the U.S. I think her salary is even subsidized by the School of Medicine, to help her achieve that goal. Now she's got her project, our ousted labmate's project, and my project to deal with. I don't know how much studying she's going to get done by September (when her test is scheduled). I'll help as much as I can, but, the fact is, I had to do what was best for me. I have toyed with the idea of voicing my concerns to my boss but I think it's no longer my business. I hope she stands up for herself eventually. She's worked hard in the states. It would be sad for her not to have anything to show for it.

© Copyright 2006 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435139-Hmmm