*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435356
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#435356 added June 22, 2006 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
FEMA MONEY FIASCO - AGAIN & STILL
Empty trailers drain funds
Claire Taylor
ctaylor@theadvertiser.com

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006606180358

I guess you'd have to have lived here in South Louisiana before to see the Morgan City/Lake Palourde site before FEMA moved in to develop this site in Morgan City. FEMA has spent over 7 million dollars for TEMPORARY HOUSING!!!

People that's insane!!!

I want to know who you got to know to get on the FEMA MONEY TRAIN?

Please READ the above article, and then do the math.

I do have some questions though:

Who are the people that make the FEMA DECISIONS about where and how to spend our tax dollars?

Where do they live? If the city of Morgan City, or a private developer had wanted to put the same 198 travel trailers on this make shift, sand bar piece of land - NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD HAVE APPROVED THIS 7 MILLION DOLLAR INVESTMENT.

Let's do the math:

198 temporary FEMA trailers at the cost of $7,000,000,000.00 DOLLARS:

Means each of the 198 temporary FEMA mobile homes, including property improvements, costs $35,352.54 EACH.

NOW think about - RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

There isn't a lender in the world that would have approved the Morgan City/Lake Palourde expenditure. Before FEMA - it wasn't worth it!!!

What corporation built these temporary FEMA trailers?

Have you actually been in one of the FEMA trailers? I have and they "look good" on the surface - but closer inspection proves that these trailers are "disposable."

Go inspect regular travel trailers sold on the open market, and then go tour a FEMA trialer. FEMA trailers are KNOCK OFFS - cheap knock offs.

If an individual is in the market to buy a travel trailer, the travel trailer industry could not sell these FEMA model travel trailers to a resonable person for any amount of money. I'd even venture to say FEMA couldn't give'em away. First - their not truely "travel trailers". FEMA trailers are not self-contained - like true travel trailers on the market. Dumpsters are built better than FEMA trailers.

The Morgan City government officials should be ashamed of themselves for "taking our tax dollars" for the city's future profit - but really, who in their right mind, especially city political/government types, can turn down a 7 million dollar gift.

I don't know who the people are that work for FEMA or where they come from, but it looks to me like you have to have no conscience. I'll say it again - FEMA is the name of a governmental agency... I want to know the names of the individuals employed by FEMA who are allowed to make these kind of decisions on how to spend tax payer money. What credentials do these nameless individuals have that qualify them to make these multi-million dollar spending decisions?

I think money spent on FEMA employee salaries needs to be added to the list of wasted tax dollars!

The problem with FEMA did not end with BROWNIE evidently.

The Morgan City/Lake Palourde FEMA deal is just another example of FEMA incompetance and criminal activity at tax payer expense!

But wait... if you are living in a FEMA trailer in Mississippi you're getting evicted - maybe, probably, eventually...

FEMA Halts Evictions From Trailers in Mississippi

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/22/us/22trailers.html?ex=1308628800&en=538498a3c1...

So how many FEMA sites are there, where are they, and how many people are living there, and how many more families have been evicted?


© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435356