*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435670
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#435670 added June 24, 2006 at 8:04am
Restrictions: None
Part I: Do you have an office spouse?
The source of my inspiration for this Blog:

Today, on a Today Show video I heard mention of an ‘office wife, which lead me to Recruiting.com. On Recruiting.com there was an excerpted article with a link to the original article on the topic of office spouses written by Tom Prince. Seems the original article was the first Tom Prince had written for GQ.



Now you know…

As far as I’m concerned this office spouse gab is dangerous and could possibly indicate there could be looming personal problems for some married but not to each other co-workers. Truly, it’s not the first time I heard of it though.

I have to admit I was a little put out with Condoleeza Rice when she was quoted in an AARP article referring to George W. Bush as “her husband.” I’m really surprised that there wasn’t more flack made over that comment by main stream news media types - but these media mogals really don't tell us more than they have to about Bush & Company, now do they? I remember it seemed in the AARP article that Laura Bush played it off, and I remember thinking there was a remote possibility she was relieved of some of her wifely duties. (Yes, I’m being ugly.)

Just how long has Condoleeza Rice physically known George W. Bush to make such a loaded comment about Bush being her “husband”? Forget all the cheesy comments about politics makes strange bedfellows, but it does make one wonder, does it not?

But seriously, it seems to me if someone feels like they have an ‘office spouse’ then surely they’ve developed some kind of emotional bond.

I’m sure this topic sounds familiar to some of us who are old enough to remember back when gender played a more defining role in employment – although the term ‘office wife’ or ‘office spouse’ was never used then.

Yes, think back to the days when the typical office affair was with the secretary du jour.

So, if you’re reading this, and you'll allow me to repeat what you say, then please send me your comments on what you think about this ‘office wife’ or ‘office spouse’ topic. If any of you do send me comments, then I’ll write “Do you have an office spouse? Part II.”

Thank you for reading me.

Of course if you’re not a member of Writing.Com and you want to leave a comment, it’ll be necessary to join Writing.Com. A basic Writing.Com membership is free – check it out, why don’t you?

I’d love to hear from you.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
The Critic

Link to original article that the Today Show picked up on:
Do you have an office spouse?
http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_403




© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435670